Software Development Manager
Are you a talented leader of leaders with a strong technical and management background? Do have superb common sense, a strong work ethic, and are excited by the idea of helping build what’s next in the payment technology evolution? If this is you, then YOU are exactly who we’re looking for!
We are seeking a hand-on manager with a strong technical ability, great ommuncation skills and a motivation to achieve results in a dynamic fast-paced environment. As a Software Development Manager at Paystone you will be leading delivery teams in an agile continuous delilvery environment You will work losely with product management to create and deliver software solutions.
We’ll expect you to:
- Drive results and lead the delivery of high value software to the business
- Lead a team of technology professionals and shape a culture of excellence and performance
- Provide clear structure, standards, and processes to empower the team to succeed. Lead efforts to inspect and adapt structures, standards and processes with a goal of continuously improving.
- Ensure that the team is staffed and trained with a mix of skills and knowledge to cover the areas of architecture, software and API design, quality, data management, scalability, and performance
- Work with product managers and UX designers to ensure clarity around business requirements and design
- Promote cross team collaboration
- Coach and develop team members to improve skills, knowledge and performance
- Manage compensation, budget, vacation, conflict resolution and other administrative duties
You’re the type of person who:
- Has 10+ years of technical experience in or related to software development
- Is experienced in building and delivering commercial software
- Has formal experience leading teams of software professionals in agile or lean practices
- Has experience coaching individuals and teams for growth and performance
- Is hard-working and engaged with the team. Leads by example.
- Is enthusiastic communicator that can inspire the engagement of an audience
- Can actively listen and can elicit key information in discussions
- Has excellent presentation and writing skills
- Can organize and prioritize work according to business needs
- Has experience leading teams utilizing test automation, public cloud infrastructure, relational and non-relational databases
- Experience in cloud architecture an asset
You’ll love working here because…
- Paystone offers competitive compensation packages with extensive health, dental and vision plan, as well as a Healthcare Spend Account.
- Certified as one of Canada’s Best Workplaces for 2018/2019 our office culture is like no other – with daily breakfast, weekly catered lunches, and many social events such as potlucks, gaming events, fitness activities and holiday parties.
- A home away from home, our new state of the art office facility comes with a games room and a fully stocked kitchen as well as round the clock snacks and a commercial grade hot beverage bar (we love food!)
- We offer flexible scheduling to promote a healthy work/life balance as well as mechanical stand-up/sit-down desks
- Lots of Free parking
- Perkopolis: Company Perk Plan. Participation in corporate events and conferences.
- And with our continued growth, comes the huge potential for career advancement
- We employ an engaged and diverse workforce of all ages and ethnicities
Paystone is a leading Canadian provider of payment processing and customer engagement solutions. Our secure, user-friendly solutions are used at over 25,000 locations across Canada and the United States by thousands of companies, including the ALDO Group, The Source, Booster Juice, Global Pet Foods, Kernels Popcorn and 50 of the MTY Food Group's restaurant brands
Paystone is a hub of innovative thinkers looking to create a safer, faster and smarter payment and customer engagement solutions for our customers. Named one of ‘Canada’s Fastest Growing Companies’ 3 consecutive years in a row and recognized as one of Canada's Best Workplaces in Technology’ 2 years in a row we are committed to excellence both internally and externally!
**Paystone is an equal opportunity employer. Should you require any accommodations due to disability please let us know at the time you are selected for an interview.