This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
|Dec 10, 2023
Posting Number 40899
Requisition Title: Professor - Computer Programming and Analysis
Open Until Filled Yes
Campus Location London
Department School of Information Technology (ITY)
Employment Group Faculty
Hours of Work per Week 44
Working at Fanshawe College
Fanshawe College is committed to the principles of hybrid work and may offer this option to employees whose work can be performed in an alternate location, without adverse impact to the operations of the College, inclusive of our Student and Staff experience. Confirmation of hybrid work options available to you will be clarified upon hire and may be subject to change based on the duties required of your position. Successful candidates will be required to perform work within Ontario and must be available to work on campus, as required.
Note: School of Information Technology programs are located at both the Oxford Street and Downtown Campuses.
A full-time Professor at Fanshawe College is responsible for providing academic leadership and for developing an effective learning environment for students. The successful candidate will be able to teach courses in the computer Programming and Analysis program in the School of Information Technology.
- Combination of excellent leadership and teaching skills with a strong commitment to academic excellence and student success
- Teach undergraduate and graduate courses
- Develop and update course materials and syllabi
- Evaluate and grade student assignments, exams, and projects
- Excellent communicator
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to relate effectively to a wide variety of learners
- Strong technical/computer skills and familiarity with educational technologies are required
- Teaching experience with hybrid and/or online delivery preferred
- Mentor and advise students on academic and career-related matters
- Engage in research and scholarship activities
- Participate in service activities related to the department, college, and community
- Related industry work experience, previous college teaching experience and knowledge of curriculum design and student evaluations are assets
Approximate Start Date: August 14, 2023
- Master’s degree in IT or a diploma/degree in Mobile Applications Development or a closely related field is preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ recent and related experience
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered; preference will be given to applicants meeting the education requirements
- Proficiency in Software Development tools and Technologies such as Git, Docker, Visual Studio and Cloud Computing platforms
- Experience in database and data analysis and visualization using tools such as SQL , Matplotlib
- Knowledge of algorithm design and analysis, and experience implementing algorithms in code
Salary: Determination of starting salaries is based on relevant teaching/occupational experience and relevant formal qualifications, supported with original transcripts from granting institutions. The salary scale is $67,221 to $116,532 along with a comprehensive benefit package.
Partial load or full-time academic staff presently employed with the College will be given first consideration in accordance with the Academic Collective Agreement.
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant’s accommodation needs.
Special Instructions to Applicants
In order to view the related Job Description, copy and paste the following URL into a new browser window. https://hrjobsweb.fanshawec.ca/Fanshawe Works-No-Job-Description.pdf