Northern delivers omni-channel commerce solutions, designed and developed with the best technology. We specialize in building Magento/Shopify eCommerce implementations, and full-service eCommerce marketing solutions. Our goal is to help our Clients decrease costs and maximize their bottom line by leveraging the benefits of web-based technologies.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated Accounting Coordinator to support the delivery of quality business performance management and reporting.
Reporting to the VP Finance, the Accounting Coordinator will play an important role in accounting and financial operations across multiple lines of business. This a great opportunity to collaborate and learn from senior team members, while enhancing your overall skills and experience. To excel in this role, you will enjoy working in a fast-paced team environment, have excellent problem solving skills, and be proficient in analyzing and processing financial information.
If you have a passion for accounting and finance and are looking to take the next step in your career with a dynamic company, we encourage you to apply.
As the Accounting Coordinator, you will:
- Accurately record transactions in the accounting system;
- Assist with month, quarter and year-end close processes;
- Assist with preparation and monitoring of budgeting activities;
- Prepare payments for vendors;
- Assist with the preparation and processing of payroll;
- Assist with the preparation and filing of required tax filings;
- Provide support for ad hoc accounting and finance tasks as required
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Knowledge and experience using Quickbooks products is considered an asset
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and/or G-suite products
Education & Experience
- A College diploma, University degree in Finance or Accounting or related experience
- Experience of 1-2 years minimum in a similar role
At Northern we recognize that experience comes in many different forms. If your experience is similar to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. We know that the best problem-solving and creative thinkers are those with thought diversity; that’s why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to our team.
In exchange for your talent and expertise, Northern is committed to providing competitive compensation, health benefits, flexible work schedules, delicious meals, company retreats, opportunities for growth and professional development, and a fun, supportive environment that will allow you to be your best!
Equity and Diversity
Northern invites applications from all qualified individuals. Northern is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from all individuals, including but not limited to members of visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require any accommodations please let us know when you apply.