Senior Software Developer
PSD combines innovative software and comprehensive consulting to not only show our clients the future, but to deliver on it. Our software solutions include three enterprise systems empowering governments to optimize process, enhance decision-making and improve service delivery, strengthening community sustainability and resilience.
Functionally rich, technically advanced and user friendly, PSD’s Citywide Enterprise systems are configurable for clients to deal with the current and future needs of an ever-demanding fiscal environment. Our applications are open-source and web-hosted.
As we continue to grow our team, we are seeking a full-time fullstack Senior Software Developer to join our development team. This is a remote based role.
While working within a cross-functional development team, you will be responsible to further develop and support our applications. As a generalist who loves solving problems, you will find innovative solutions to tough challenges. In addition to solid technical skills we are looking for candidates with strong oral and written communications skills. You must be able to articulate technical solutions to a wide range of audiences.
- University or College degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or related degree/diploma
- Strong SQL skills; ability to create and modify complex stored procedures and functions.
- Minimum 4 years experience with PHP
- Strong ability to collaborate and problem solve.
- Experience building and scaling user-focused web applications
- Experience in design and development of scalable and secured web services that integrate with other technologies
- Previous experience rewriting legacy application.
- A solid commitment to quality software development
- Experience with source code repositories such as Git
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment a must
- Good verbal and written communications and knowledge transfer skills
Responsibilities & Duties
- Working on our Citywide Enterprise Budgeting system, design and develop backend services and front-end applications.
- Effective knowledge with web SQL and writing SQL statements and database development, PL/SQL, T-SQL (Transaction SQL) stored procedures, creating and extending functions, scripts, stored procedures and triggers to support application development.
- Working with other software developers and support staff in order to take product ideas from concept to release
- Experience working in an Agile project delivery environment, develops and modifies technology systems, addressing functional, performance, security, quality, operational and monitoring needs
- Participate in phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC) for a variety of projects
- Managing data integrity and quality assurance actives to ensure application stability
- Managing self-directed assignments to implement features and resolve software defects to meet schedule commitments with high-level of quality
- Assist in the development and maintenance of user manuals and guidelines
- Recommend and perform software improvements and upgrades
- Works with Business Analysts to complete analysis of business requirements, design and development of web applications that are integrated with other modules
- Participate in a daily scrum and weekly team sprints.
All resumes will be reviewed for experience working with key technologies. Only those who qualify will be contacted for an initial screening interview. We strive to provide a quick recruitment process, but to find the right candidate for the job the process may take up to a month to complete. We will let the candidates know if we will not be moving them to the next step in the process.
If you are invited to a screening interview you will discuss your experience with one of our HR team members. This interview is an opportunity to get to know a little more about the company, the type of work we do and impact we have.
Candidates invited to a virtual interview will meet with our hiring team and HR. This will allow the candidate to get to know the team as well as learn more about our processes, culture and growth opportunities we have at PSD. During this phase of the interview process the candidate will be given a technical test to complete during the meeting.
Why work with us?
Employee personal and career growth is important to us and we will encourage you to pursue the things you care about. We have a mentoring program that matches you with a senior developer for your first three months to ensure you get fully acquainted with our tech. We also encourage continuous learning through a Training & Development program allowing our developers to fully explore their interests and contribute to different product development teams at PSD.
- Competitive Salaries
- Full Benefits Package
- Work from home
- Relocation Assistance Program
- Company Matched RRSP Contributions
- Flex Hours & Paid Time off
- Social and Charity events and initiatives
- Ergonomic Workstations
PSD is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this when you apply, and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Apply for This Job