We are looking for a talented UI Artist to join our team and create a high quality user interface for an unannounced project. It is a multiplayer, third-person game with a contemporary setting.
A successful candidate will be a skilled and motivated UI artist capable of producing a clean, beautiful, and functional user interface for a multiplayer game.
Candidates local to Ontario, Canada are preferred, but this is not a requirement.
NOTE: For the foreseeable future, all positions at Tactic Studios will be performed remotely, working from home. We are flexible to accommodate the unique needs you may have to ensure a productive, healthy work environment under the present circumstances.
- Design the layout and create artwork to produce a beautiful yet functional user interface.
- Build artwork for responsive user interfaces capable of handling multiple monitor aspect ratios on PC and meeting technical requirements of console platforms.
- Understand and implement features that support users with unique accessibility needs.
- Create artwork to support a variety of user interface experiences including menus, HUD, and minigames.
- Work collaboratively with UI programmers and game designers to achieve artistic, design, and technical goals.
- Modify artwork based on artistic, design, or technical feedback.
- Expertise with 2D graphics software such as Photoshop or Illustrator.
- Understanding of 2D animation and motion graphics and ability to produce a dynamic, animated user interface.
- Deep knowledge of a wide range of video games as well as an understanding of what makes an excellent user interface.
- Experience with a modern 3D game engine such as Unreal or Unity.
- Motivated self-starter with exceptional creativity and strong communication skills.
- Passionate about developing high quality video games.
- Background in traditional 2D art and illustration.
- Experience with 3D modeling and texturing.
- Experience with 3D animation and rigging.
How to Apply
You will need to provide:
- Portfolio demonstrating user interfaces that you have created. (required)
- Resume detailing your experience. (required)
- Cover letter. (preferred)
- References. (preferred)
Send the aforementioned items either by link or as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
, subject "UI Artist".