This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
About PSD Citywide
PSD Citywide is a full-service firm offering research, consulting services and software to the North American public sector market. Our client base includes hundreds of small, mid-sized, and large municipalities from across North America, provincial/state and federal government agencies, and private sector entities. We are an industry leader that specializes in enterprise asset management and financial budgeting for municipalities. Over our years of experience, we have developed cutting-edge software solutions for our client’s asset management and financial budgeting needs, leaving behind mature and manageable programs making positive impacts in local communities.
PSD Citywide’s service areas are configured to meet three essential needs for governments: policy research and analysis, high-performance technology, and credible data. Through our infrastructure consulting and advisory practice, we work with decision-makers to refine organizational systems, programs and processes for better corporate outcomes.
As we continue to grow, we are seeking a Part-Time Research Analyst to join the Research and Marketing team. As a hybrid workplace, the successful candidate is expected to spend some of their time working from our London office. This role will pay $20.00 per hour and could have the potential to be full-time role.
The Research Analyst position is responsible for conducting research primarily in the fields of local government asset management, finance & budgeting, and climate change adaptation. All research and policy analysts in the department are responsible for writing articles, white papers, and client case studies. Additionally, each Research Analyst will support the sales team by producing timely briefings, supporting promotional webinar production, researching existing and new markets, and writing targeted client case studies. The position is dense in written material, and success in the position is greatly attributed to attention to detail and strong writing and researching skills. Moreover, a strong understanding of government policy, specifically in the realm of municipal government, is essential to this position.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Researching and staying up to date with policies, legislation, issues, and topics affecting municipal government (both US and Canada).
- Researching and providing competitor analysis for new market entry.
- Writing, editing and formatting articles and client case studies.
- Interviewing experts and municipal stakeholders for industry-oriented articles or case studies.
- Assisting the Senior Marketing & Policy Analyst editing and formatting content.
- Fluidly work on multiple projects at once with the ability to prioritize while multitasking.
- Contributing to the writing, editing and production of external and internal material.
- Researching and summarizing grants, policies, legislation and other details related to existing and new markets for sales teams.
- Research grant funding opportunities by jurisdiction in order to produce weekly Municipal Grant Service (MGS) notifications and updates to web-based inventory.
- Assisting in the creation and production of webinars showcasing corporate products and services and/or legislation and funding briefings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate or Master’s degree with a focus in Law, Political Science, Social Science, Communications, Statistics, or related field.
- Focus on Canadian public policy an asset.
- Experience with writing articles with strong fundamentals of reporting including news gathering, interviewing, writing and creating stories, writing different types of stories and understanding the way news is produced and consumed.
- Having the capacity to produce writing that is both accurate and engaging.
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods, including but not limited to, survey design and analysis, data visualization and data analysis.
- Proven ability to network and effectively communicate the value of PSD's products, services and brand.
- Extensive knowledge of the public sector, previous experience working in/with the public sector, and/or experience with policy analysis. Both US and Canadian knowledge is an asset but not a must.
- Deadline driven individual with strong verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, creative, and able to collaborate with team members with professionalism and tact.
- Proficiency with Salesforce, MailChimp, GoToWebinar an asset, not a requirement.
- Advanced skills with MS Word and Excel.
All resumes will be reviewed for experience working with key technologies. Only those who qualify will be contacted for an initial screening interview. We strive to provide a quick recruitment process, but to find the right candidate for the job the process may take up to a month to complete. We make every effort to follow up with every candidate regarding the next step in the process.
If you are invited to a screening interview you will discuss your experience with one of our People and Culture team members. This interview is an opportunity to get to know a little more about the company, the type of work we do and impact we have.
Candidates invited to a Virtual Interview will meet with the Department Manager and a member of the P&C team. This will allow the candidate to get to know the team as well as learn more about our processes, culture and growth opportunities we have at PSD Citywide.
Why work with us?
Employee personal and career growth is important to us and we will encourage you to pursue the things you care about. We have a mentoring program that matches you with a senior team member for your first three months to ensure you get fully acquainted with our team. We also encourage continuous learning through a Training & Development program allowing our employees to fully explore their interests and contribute to different product development teams at PSD Citywide.
PSD Citywide is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this when you apply, and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.