Channel Inventory Planner
StarTech.com is looking for a Channel Inventory Planner to add to our Planning & Inventory Management Team. This person will be accountable for supporting and enabling sales growth for a defined group of Channel Partners within a specific geographic region.
Reporting to the Manager, Channel Inventory, The Channel Inventory Planner’s key responsibility is enabling our Channel Partners by ensuring products are available in the right place at the right time, and at the optimal SKU mix and quantity. This is a highly collaborative role that relies heavily on effective relationships with various departments including Sales, Vendor Management, Product Development, Product Management, Finance and Purchasing to ensure on time product availability.
In addition, the Channel Inventory Planner will drive and facilitate CPFR (Collaborative Planning, Forecasting and Replenishment) meetings with their Partners and internal stakeholders.
This position offers a competitive salary, bonus potential, and benefit package.
In This Role You Will:
- Manage customer inventory levels through scheduled replenishments and policy management in the planning system at the partner/customer level
- Partner with sales and category management to leverage customer reports, intelligence from our various analytic teams and balance the internal, external and customer viewpoint on product availability
- Ensure that the inventory investment at partner and customer warehouses both enables revenue growth and demonstrates responsible use of inventory, and proactively monitor the customer’s view of availability and aging inventory
- Engage internal teams to address customer/sales performance issues, adjusting replenishment strategy, planning system policies and issuing stock rotations as appropriate
- Proactively identify and acts upon missed revenue opportunities resulting from poor SKU sales performance by monitoring forecasts, actual results, stock levels and soliciting market feedback from the sales teams
- Drive market level sales & operations and input feedback into the forecasting process
- Provide inputs into the creation of bids/consensus based demand forecasts by soliciting and aggregating information for their specific subset of customers
- Prepare status updates to communicate and present cross functionally – including to members of our Senior Leadership Team and Executives
- Post-Secondary Education in a Business related field, Supply Chain specific focus will be considered an asset
- 3-5 years of Supply Chain, Planning and Inventory Management
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel is a strong plus, and knowledge of Power BI is also an asset
- Strong analytical skills, and steadfast attention to detail
- CSCMP, APIC designations are preferred
What We Offer:
- A Comprehensive Benefit Plan and RRSP Matching
- Competitive Vacation Policy
- Fitness Subsidy
- Training and Development Program
- Paid Charity Day and Regular Company Fun Events
- Casual Dress Code – Jeans are allowed!
- Free Parking and Subsidized Employee Café
- Bonus Plan
How to Apply
- Submit your resume in confidence by applying on-line directly to startech.com/careers
- Apply via our LinkedIn posting on our LinkedIn Careers page
We are in the business of human-centered experiences starting with yours. We believe delivering on our promise of "hard-to-find, made easy" begins with an employee experience founded in opportunity, teamwork, empowerment, and curious minds always asking what if. Not only does our commitment to the exceptional deepen relationships with our partners and customers, it also ignites connection within our team.
Born and raised in London, Ontario, Canada and now taking on the world, we are a vibrant and growing tech company with a proven track-record of success. StarTech.com makes it easy for IT professionals around the globe to identify, find, get and use the hard-to-find connectivity parts they need to enable and enhance their technology solutions.
Operating in 23 countries globally, we are honoured to be named by Kincentric in 2019 as one of Canada’s “Best Employers” as well as “one of Canada’s fastest growing companies” for a ninth year in a row by “Profit 500”.
StarTech.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, StarTech.com will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.