Location: Remote, Canada
Reports to: Solutions Analyst Manager
The role of the Solutions Analyst is to initiate, execute and support the development of new and revised business processes and functional requirements for the effective application of J.D. Power's solutions and technology. The Solution Analyst will work closely with the sales team and clients to elicit, analyze, specify and validate the business and functional requirements. The Solutions Analyst will also be responsible for gaining and maintaining a thorough understanding of offerings and providing the best technical practices and knowledge to support the design and implementation of technology solutions. This may be accomplished through consulting interviews and a variety of Use Case models or modeling tools.
Additionally, the Solutions Analyst will apply proven communication, analytical, problem-solving, and facilitation skills to help support the development process and ensure that project deliverables are met according to specifications.
- Collaborate with the Solution Consulting team, Architects and project sponsors to clarify/refine project scope and vision
- Conduct interviews and product analysis to understand and assemble quality user requirements via workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, workflow storyboards, use cases, scenarios, and other methods
- With the Creative team and user specialists, lead UI workflow of the project
- Translate conceptual business requirements into functional requirements using standard templates
- Create process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to developers and/or the project team
- Work with stakeholders and project team to prioritize collected requirements
- Where necessary, guide the development of prototypes
- Analyze and verify requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards
- Manage requirements tracking, modifications and improvements
- Remain connected throughout the project lifecycle to ensure the vision is maintained
- Manage and track the status of requirements, enforce, and redefine as necessary
- Manage and communicate changes, and enhancements verbally or through written documentation, to all stakeholders
- Ensure all new or changed requirements are signed off by the client
- Organize and lead the requirements review sessions internally and with the client
- Contribute to the development and/or improvements in Solutions Analyst practices, processes, and methodologies
- Consult in the development of test strategies, scenarios, execution, and support during business acceptance testing
- Work with sales organization and clients to understand client needs, vision, project scope, and design solutions
- Create high-level requirements documents appropriate to the sales phase and strategy, as required
- Assist with responses to client proposal requests (RFIs/ RFPs/SOWs), where needed
- Work with clients to elicit requirements and propose solutions
- Create and maintain client relationships
- Build and maintain relationships with the internal delivery team
- Communicate and negotiate requirement scope with the client, as necessary, with input from the internal delivery team.
- Experience as a Solution/Business Analyst
- Experience in an Information Technology environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent experience
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, elicitation, modeling, verification, and SDLC
- Experience with requirements specifications in both technical and user-friendly language
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of business analysis methodologies and tools
- Good understanding of PC skills and hands-on experience in creating diagrams and presentations with the Microsoft suite of products
- Working knowledge of a variety of programming languages including JAVA, .net, HTML, an asset
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and able to exercise independent judgment, take action
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent active listening, interviewing, oral communication, documentation/writing, and diplomacy skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure
- Strong customer service orientation
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment, with multidisciplinary teams
- IIBA certification considered an asset
J.D. Power is a global leader in consumer insights, advisory services and data and analytics. A pioneer in the use of big data, artificial intelligence (AI) and algorithmic modeling capabilities to understand consumer behavior, J.D. Power has been delivering incisive industry intelligence on customer interactions with brands and products for more than 50 years. The world's leading businesses across major industries rely on J.D. Power to guide their customer-facing strategies.
J.D. Power is clear about what we do to ensure our success into the future. We unite industry leading data and insights with world-class technology to solve our clients’ toughest challenges.
At J.D. Power, we strive to be Truth Finders, Change Makers and Team Driven - the distinct behaviors that, together, define our unique culture.
Truth Finders - At J.D. Power, we are proud of the unbiased data and findings we provide. As individuals, each and every member of our team is dedicated to living this same objectivity and embodying the highest ethical and professional standards – the only ‘favorite’ we have is the truth.
Change Makers - At J.D. Power, we never stand still. We constantly seek better ways – innovating and evolving in everything we do to support our colleagues and our clients alike – and all in service of delivering data and insights that drive meaningful business impact.
Team Driven - At J.D. Power, we are one team and we are activated. Regardless of individual role, every member of our team is dedicated to supporting their immediate colleagues and our broader J.D. Power family to deliver on our collective purpose and make us greater than the sum of our parts. At J.D. Power, these values are more than words. We bring these values to life throughout our organization through our employee event series — J.D. Power Values Days. Each quarter, we celebrate one of our core values and hold an annual event to celebrate our combined values at the end of the year.
We are dedicated to leveraging comprehensive and equitable practices which contribute to the overall success of the company and its employees. We invite you to learn more about our DE&I efforts.
J.D. Power is an equal opportunity employer and compliant with AODA/ADA legislation. If you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please specify.
To all recruitment agencies: J.D. Power does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.