Intermediate – Power Systems
ESAC leads the electrical industry in innovative power system integrated solutions based on technology, service and value. We are seeking a driven, technically skilled intermediate Electrical Engineer to join our Power Systems division. In this senior role, you’ll be part of a dynamic team, gaining new skills and industry experience, applying your knowledge in practical, meaningful ways for our clients. In addition to a competitive compensation package, ESAC offers a relaxed office environment, flexible work time, and opportunity to grow. Our multidiscipline team is our greatest asset, and we want you to be a part of it.
What You'll Be Doing
- Perform Power systems studies such as short-circuit, load flow, coordination, arc flash, ground grid, cable ampacity, Power Quality and harmonics studies
- Produce protective relay configuration, settings, testing and reports
- Define and budget Power system studies for utility/generation applications and markets
- System field research, analysis with studies, specifications, detailed technical design, development/fabrication, site installation, commissioning, and reports
- Modeling and optimizing equipment design related to increased safety, reliability, or efficiency
- Interact with Internal/External stakeholders on technical issues within their scope of deliverables
What We're Looking For
Interested? We’d love to hear from you! Please send us your resume with a brief cover letter to introduce yourself. Selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Accommodations for job applicants with a disability are available upon request during the interview process. To request an accommodation during the recruitment process, please email or call us. ESAC is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer, and we encourage any interested and qualified candidate to apply – diversity is what makes us great!
- Ontario-registered Professional Engineer with a minimum of 5 years of knowledge/experience in electrical power systems analysis, design, and development for turn-key solutions
- Demonstrated experience/knowledge in:
- Power System Analysis software (ETAP, EDSA and EasyPower), AutoCAD, Microsoft office
- Load/power flow, short circuit, protective device coordination, and arc flash studies
- Protection relays settings and testing, ground studies and grid design
- Transformer/substation design and in-service retrofits addressing high voltage ESA review, IESO-HONI-LDC compliance, and sub-engineering civil/structural disciplines
- Electrical design standards (CSA, IEEE, ANSI/IEC) and provincial codes
- Strong attention to detail, high degree of accuracy in work, and solid organizational skills
- Excellent communication and project leadership capabilities, willingness to mentor team members