This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
Digital Media and Communications Specialist
WHY WORK FOR THE LONDON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE?
Be part of a small team that makes a big difference! The London Chamber of Commerce is a not-for-profit, membership based organization dedicated to advocating for our local business community as well as providing amazing networking events, quality professional development opportunities, and important business resources.
If you are looking for an inclusive work environment where your creativity and initiative will be valued; where you can make meaningful connections in the community; and where you can be part of a kickass team that gets stuff done, then we want to see your resume!
The London Chamber of Commerce offers generous health benefits and group pension plan, as well as a number of other perks.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Vice President, Public Affairs
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Digital Media and Communications Specialist responsibilities include strategic communications, social media management, content creation and website management. This position works collaboratively with the Chamber Team to best meet the needs of new and existing members.
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
The Digital Media and Communications Specialist promotes awareness and a positive public image of the Chamber through digital marketing, area publications, and chamber events.
- Develop, write, and produce public relations, marketing and advertising material to build the chamber’s profile with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Research and collect information and data for content and communications strategy.
- Proofread and coordinate production of all communications materials.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of the value of branding and positioning.
- Develop and execute social media activities across multiple channels.
- Maintain and report monthly social media analytics.
- Maintain Hootsuite account to schedule social media posting to ensure regular posting.
- Attend events and produce social media content.
- Support media relations including media list development and maintenance, drafting media materials and conducting outreach including advertising.
- Coordinate all media inquiries.
- Coordinate and confirm media attendance at all Chamber events.
- Assist and manage event rollouts, including email communications, flyers, social media promotions, and post-event coverage.
- Lead email campaigns for Chamber events.
- Manage the development, editorial process, and lifecycle for all Chamber Business London articles.
- Manage and pursue the digital evolution of many of our communications and publications.
- Manage and coordinate the member ad contracts for the e-newsletter.
Website Development and Maintenance
- Update website with all events ensuring partnership branding commitments are met.
- Update website content: news releases, blog posts, videos, etc.
The London Chamber of Commerce has a small staff and operates as a non-profit organization. The ideal candidate can multitask, wear multiple hats, and is a team player. Candidate will need to clearly articulate The London Chamber of Commerce vision, mission and purpose with authenticity, and work well in a dynamic environment (co-working space).
DESIRED SKILLS, ATTRIBUTES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Degree or Diploma in Marketing or Communications or equivalent experience.
- Excellent researching, communications, superior writing, reviewing and editing skills with the ability to compose internal and external communications.
- Knowledge of social media tools
- Experience with HTML, email marketing and content management systems (Eventbrite, MailChimp).
- Knowledge of ChamberMaster a plus but not required.
- Customer service skills – we are a membership association after all.
- The ability to think on your feet, problem solve, and maintain a positive attitude.
- The ability to be precise and attentive to details.
- The ability to meet deadlines, be organized and goal-oriented.
HOW TO APPLY: Send resume and cover letter to Kristen Duever at firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: YOUR COVER LETTER IS IMPORTANT! This position requires that you have a strong written communication skills and we want you to showcase those skills in your cover letter!