Software Development Team Lead
at J.D. Power (View all jobs)
London, Ontario, Canada
Title: Software Development Team Lead
Reports to: Software Development Manager
Location: London, Ontario, Canada
COVID-19 considerations: We are currently working remotely due to COVID and will be for the foreseeable future. Ideally, where government regulations allow, we will return to the office and this candidate would ideally be located in the London, Ontario, Canada area.
The Software Development Team Lead is responsible for technical project execution as well as day-to-day operational leadership of a multidisciplinary software development team. This role works closely with Delivery Unit stakeholders as an individual contributor in addition to overseeing the efficient allocation and utilization of Engineering staff.
The Software Development Team Lead works in close collaboration with the Software Development Manager to define, implement, and monitor best practices across all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Foster and maintain a positive and collaborative work environment to motivate Engineering staff
- Contribute to the definition and adherence of best practices for all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Identify, track, and report on organizational key performance indicators for Engineering
- Collaborate with Delivery Unit stakeholders to identify and allocate resources based on business priorities
- Provide day-to-day functional oversight for direct reports in the Engineering organization
- Identify and remove obstacles that prevent Engineering staff from accomplishing project commitments
- Provide continuous performance feedback for direct reports through regular one-on-one meetings
- Conduct formal performance reviews for staff as per the schedule defined by Human Resources
- Develop organizational training plans to address business needs and facilitate personal career growth of staff
- Actively participate in the recruitment process to grow the Engineering organization
- Manage the onboarding of new software developers and interns as they are assigned to the project team
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Proven technical team leadership abilities including on and offshore multidisciplinary teams
- Experience working with a variety of software development languages
- Experience with service-oriented architecture and design principles
- Experience with relational and non-relational database design
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to communicate at all levels of an organization
- Exceptionally self-motivated, self-directed, and detail-oriented
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
The Career Opportunity:
The Software Development Team Lead is essentially a "manager" role light. This is a position where you will get to test your abilities to lead other technologists and see if management is what you want to move into. At the same time, you never really let go of the technical skills that keep you current.
The Team / The Business:
You will be part of an established team with a long term client. One of the Big 3 in Detroit.
Our Hiring Manager says:
I'm looking for the kind of person who truly cares about the people they lead and are willing to spend time with technologists who may be new in the industry.
J.D. Power is a global leader in consumer insights, data, analytics, and advisory services that helps clients drive growth and profitability. The company’s industry benchmarks and reputation for independence and integrity have established it as one of the world’s most well-known and trusted brands.
Truth that Transforms: At J.D. Power, we amplify the voice of the consumer, and help brands improve the value of their products and services. Our capabilities empower everyone in the global commerce ecosystem, enabling better purchase decisions – and better business results. We understand that the customer experience is vital and that simply measuring it is not enough. Our analysts focus on driving results that improve customer loyalty and advocacy. Our success is driven by how much we help companies improve the customer experience. But data is only as powerful as the analysis and insights tied to it—and we put that power in the hands of our clients through our interactive reporting platforms. The data, analytics, insights, best practices, and action plans clients need are available whenever and wherever they need them, to help them make data-driven decisions that will improve their customer experience and drive positive financial results.
To all recruitment agencies: J.D. Power does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.