Position Title - Full Stack Software Developer
Location: Anywhere in Canada (Remote)
Reports to: Software Development Team Lead
Please apply to: https://www.jdpower.com/business/careers/jobs?gh_jid=5293342002
The Full Stack Software Developer contributes to all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle through the analysis, design, implementation, verification, and maintenance of software solutions. This role works closely with Business Unit stakeholders to review requirements, validate designs, create work estimates, develop software, and verify product releases. The Full Stack Software Developer also works in close collaboration with the Software Development Team Lead and other Technology leaders to define and implement best practices across all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle.
Our Software Developers are creators. They build our product offerings and help us reach our target audience which includes customers configuring vehicles, customers comparing vehicles, customers creating quotes and reports, customers preparing to order vehicles and much more.
- Design and code software applications from business and technical specifications
- Develop and execute unit, component, and integration level tests to verify requirements are met
- Ensure coding standards and product quality targets are met through the completion of code reviews
- Investigate and resolve complex technical issues for assigned projects
- Enable continuous improvement across the SDLC through the introduction of new technologies and processes
- Create and review technical and end user product documentation
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- 3-5 years of software development experience with Java
- Experience with web development
- Experience with Java application servers (preferred Tomcat)
- Experience with SOAP and Restful service is a plus
- Experience with relational and non-relational database design and development
- Experience with web servers such as Apache HTTP Server or NGINX
- Experience with version control software such as Git
- Experience with build tools such as Maven
- Experience with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins
- Exceptionally self-motivated, self-directed, and detail-oriented
- Excellent communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills
J.D. Power is a global leader in consumer insights, data, analytics, and advisory services that helps clients drive growth and profitability. The company’s industry benchmarks and reputation for independence and integrity have established it as one of the world’s most well-known and trusted brands.
Truth that Transforms: At J.D. Power, we amplify the voice of the consumer, and help brands improve the value of their products and services. Our capabilities empower everyone in the global commerce ecosystem, enabling better purchase decisions – and better business results. We understand that the customer experience is vital and that simply measuring it is not enough. Our analysts focus on driving results that improve customer loyalty and advocacy. Our success is driven by how much we help companies improve the customer experience. But data is only as powerful as the analysis and insights tied to it—and we put that power in the hands of our clients through our interactive reporting platforms. The data, analytics, insights, best practices, and action plans clients need are available whenever and wherever they need them, to help them make data-driven decisions that will improve their customer experience and drive positive financial results.
To all recruitment agencies: J.D. Power does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.