Global Industrial UV Product Manager
II. Key Responsibilities
- Design and implement product roadmaps within the context of market requirements.
- Develop and implement product offerings while minimizing product variants.
- Lead x-functional product teams (Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Research and Development, Finance) to manage product.
- Develop product specs for new product and sustain current product, setting standard product definitions.
- Set, monitor and manage product costs, quality and reliability levels including warranty management.
- Manage product to maximize gross margins developing initiatives to minimize costs and maximize price.
- Set and update product pricing on a regular and/or as-needed basis.
- Determine product development priorities to ensure timely, cost-effective completion.
- Establish core science priorities to support product development and ongoing product maintenance.
- Set cost-reduction and product improvement priorities.
- Implement product retirement policies and obsolescence plans.
- Provide technical expertise for product applications/uses including standard product application and sizing.
- Train sales associates/partners on the proper application and selling of product.
- Influence regulations with regulators/key stakeholders enhancing competitive advantage for products.
- Provide support for custom projects when needed.
- Manage intellectual property as it relates enhancing the product’s competitive advantage.
- Close working relationships with sales leads across various verticals and geographies in the Sales Function.
- Close working relationships with Strategic Marketing Managers.
- Close working relationships with R&D project leads.
IV. Measures of Performance
- Product development goals including growth, cost, margin and on time targets.
- Product sustainment goals including growth, margin, quality and delivery goals.
Background and Skill
- Engineering degree required or equivalent
- Leadership, organizational and process implementation skills
- Technical competitive intelligence analysis skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain healthy cross-functional relationships
- Strong analytical skills including data analysis and Excel
- Proven financial and analytical skills
- Voice of Customer and innovation management skills
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here.