Marketing Research Director - High Tech Advisory
Role- Marketing Research Director (Work from Home)
- Deliver industry best practices guidance on marketing strategy, go to market plans, and product marketing tactics leveraging your background, ongoing and new research, and synthesis of SoftwareReviews data.
- Contribute industry leading thought leadership content around marketing and product management best practices in the following areas:
- Product marketing trends and best practices
- Branding, positioning, communications, and social media strategies
- Give direction to marketing efforts with the most effective methods and tools.
- SEO, and content marketing strategies
- Best practices for demand gen and digital marketing
- Best practices regarding marketing operations including organizational structures, tools and metrics.
- Building loyal customers and creating customer advocacy hubs
- Incorporating customer feedback and using data to drive product innovation and improvement strategies.
- Participate in unstructured value-based client inquiry and briefings on high tech marketing and related topics to drive the client’s professional and operational success.
- Leverage software reviews data and reports to provide insights into our clients’ product performance, competitive positioning, and client relationship qualities in their respective software market segments.
- Support the sales team in acquiring additional advisory clients.
- Provide proactive thought leadership and new ideas not “asked for” on behalf of the client’s membership.
- Drive renewals and upgrades of SoftwareReviews Advisory members through the delivery of key engagements including research, inquiry calls, and ½ day strategic workshops.
Experience & Education
• 15+ years’ experience in a senior marketing, product marketing, field marketing, product management, or marketing operations position. The ideal candidate will have excelled in several of these key marketing discipline areas.
• Demonstrated success with launching successful technology products and/or marketing campaigns.
• Knowledge of data analysis and technology market research
• In-depth knowledge of marketing principles and best practices
• Able to write research, thought-leadership articles, blogs and contributed effectively and creatively to proposals, and social media posts.
• Ability to think strategically and analytically with a bias toward action.
• Strong communication and presentation skills and proficient in MS Office tools including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Working knowledge of IT software applications, especially “front office” related tools and applications (e.g., campaign management, CRM, sales enablement, customer success, marketing/sales analytics, etc.)
• Exceptional problem-solving skills and root cause analysis
• In depth understanding of various high-tech industry executive and operational staff roles, politics, human behavior and predictive scenarios related to marketing leadership. A solid working knowledge of the “day in the life” of top high tech software industry roles across marketing, product and sales is expected. Prior experience writing research about and for these roles is expected.
• Ability to coordinate service delivery with other internal and client stakeholders is essential.
• Exceptional customer service focus, high professionalism, and adherence to ethical principles of conduct
Critical Skills & Behaviors
• Client Interaction and Facilitation: You are able to quickly build rapport and communicate effectively with clients over the phone, video conference, and through facilitated in-person sessions.
• Executive Presence: Comfortable presenting to C-suite executives at some of the largest software companies in the world, and able to command a room with your knowledge and insight.
• Thirst for Knowledge: As a research firm, we are always looking for ways to help our clients improve. While you will bring an impressive background in your field, you will always be looking for ways to do things better and translate those learnings to our partners.
• Written Skills: Able to craft and word deliverables in a clear and concise manner. Achieve an aesthetically appealing outcome that is polished and professional.
• Content Building: Develop and present content clearly and concisely in Microsoft tools such as word and PowerPoint.
• Project Management: Manage project scope, budget effectively, and report on project progress within a timely manner. Ability to lead negotiations while managing scope and client expectations.
• Business Development: Generate advisory sales leads from interactions with clients, whether during analyst calls or during project work, and proposing Info-Tech Research Group’s services to fulfill Member’s needs.
• Adaptability: Ability to work within in a dynamic and changing environment. Mentors and leads others through those changes.
SoftwareReviews is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic including Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran and are pleased to consider all qualified applicants. To that end, upon request, ITRG will ensure, to the extent possible, that accommodation be made available to applicants throughout the recruitment and hiring process.
- Participate in regular communication / support / education and participation with Sales Leadership and Account Directors to account planning and support efforts.