Salesforce Vlocity Developer
We are Canada Life
Being a part of Canada Life means you have a voice. This is a place where your unique background, perspectives and talents are valued, and shape our future success.
You can be your best here. You’re part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where your career and well-being are championed. You’ll have the opportunity to excel in your way, finding new and better ways to deliver exceptional customer and advisor experiences.
Together, as part of a great team, you’ll deliver on our shared purpose to improve the well-being of Canadians. It’s our driving force. Become part of a strong and successful company that’s trusted by millions of Canadians to do the right thing.
Be your best at Canada Life.
About Canada Life’s Digital Hub
Canada Life’s Digital Hub is a team driven by customer needs. We provide expertise and strategic thought leadership that’s fueling Canada Life’s customer experiences.
Our team of experts in design, technology, product and agile work collaboratively with our business partners, creating digital tools that improve our customers’ lives. Come join an organization committed to delivering innovative, digital experiences.
We are looking for a Salesforce Vlocity Developer.
Given the size and scope of our organization, we have the flexibility for this position to be located in the following head office locations: Winnipeg, London, or Toronto. We will consider related software development experience & are willing to immediately immerse the successful candidate in up-skilling effort.
As a Salesforce Industries Vlocity developer, you are responsible for transforming the design and product vision into a seamless and engaging product. You work hard to stay on top of fast changing technology and invest a lot of energy to learn new platform features. You stay on top of the latest Salesforce product developments and anticipate what the near future will bring. You love clean code, clean interfaces and have a real passion for problem solving. As a Salesforce Industries Vlocity Developer, you will also have deep understanding and proven grasp of end-to-end programming and an approach to development that focuses on building light-weight re-usable components that can be used to deliver a great product.
What you will do
- Design and build experiences in Salesforce Communities using the Salesforce Industries Vlocity cloud platform
- Ensure the code follows latest coding practices and industry standards
- Work closely with other developers to understand and properly use the platform components
- Write both unit and integration tests and develop automation tools for daily tasks
- Challenge ideas and opinions to avoid pitfalls and inefficient solutions
- Help and mentor other members of the team
- Be a member of a high performing Agile team
What you will bring
- 4+ years of experience in Salesforce application development and administration
- 1+ years of experience in Salesforce Lightning Web Components development
- 1+ years of experience in Salesforce Vlocity application development
- An in-depth understanding of the Salesforce Lightning Design System (SLDS) and Vlocity Newport Design System
- Expert level experience using the core Vlocity technologies – Cards, Templates, Integration Procedures, OmniScripts and Data Raptors
- Understanding of APIs and how to use them in practice
- Experience with continuous integration tools like JIRA, Bitbucket, Jenkins and Confluence
- Knowledge & experience with unit testing
- Understanding and flexible in working in an Agile environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience