Lab Analytics Software Developer
Lab Analytics Software Developer-LON00733 Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 160,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
Want to join the global powerhouse that’s building a stronger, more sustainable future? Cargill has a team of 160,000 employees in 70 countries who are passionate about nourishing the world in a safe, responsible, and sustainable way. This position is in Cargill’s animal nutrition business, which provides better nutrition solutions for better lives. Join the team that researches, innovates and creates solutions that enable healthy, successful results for our customers
Position Purpose and Impact?
Lab Analytics Software Developer is responsible for enabling the use of our world class technology towards an increasing digitalization and customer intimacy. You will work with various internal partners to enhance the digitilization services provided. You will analyze user needs to develop software solutions. At this level, will be performed under general supervision and the role is expected to independently tackle moderately complex issues while referring more complex problems to a higher-level staff.
• Partner with the development team and colleagues to write information systems software.
• Accountable for all aspects of software development including UX/UI design, architecting, coding, testing and documenting as needed.
• Assists with analyzing user needs and software requirements to resolve feasibility and design within time and cost constraints.
• Provide front-end frameworks technical expertise and back-end SQL expertise.
• Provide support proposing code changes based on troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
• Performs verification and validation testing activities to meet business requirements and ensure system/application quality.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline or equivalent experience
• 2+ years of directly software development work experience
• Proficient in C# and SQL
• Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
Hiring Manager Preferred
• 4+ years of database and C# development experience
• Experience in object oriented design
What skills and experiences will you gain in this role?
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Basic eye for business and the ability to partner and communicate effectively with business counterparts
• Ability to analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems
At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to building and sustaining a broad and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill's long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law. Cargill also aligns with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment."
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.
Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: Canada-Ontario-London
Other Locations: Canada-Ontario-Woodstock
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job