DevOps Team Lead
ZTR is looking for an experienced and detail oriented DevOps Team Lead with proven cloud experience, a can-do attitude, and a passion for technical leadership. You will be responsible for the DevOps team and will provide technical support and coaching / mentoring.
With a primary focus on AWS consulting, design, implementation and automation, the chosen candidate will be a vital part of the Operation and Compliance Team. As the “go-to” subject matter expert in the field, you will have extensive knowledge of a variety of technologies to successfully deliver the services our customers require, and a strong responsibility to deliver timely technical services in conjunction with infrastructure, security, and operations team members.
As a recognized global leader in industrial telematics and remote equipment monitoring, we deliver market solutions that integrate telematics monitoring hardware, software, remote communications, and services. If you are passionate about IoT, thrive in complex situations and have an entrepreneurial spirit, this role is for you!
As the DevOps Team Lead, you will:
- Provide ownership, leadership and responsibility over ZTR’s entire cloud infrastructure.
- Provide a technical vision and roadmap for ZTR’s DevOps goals and work with the organization to implement.
- Provide technical leadership to the DevOps team and help grow their technical skills.
- Work with the Development and Quality Assurance teams to define the CI/CD strategy.
- Interpret engineering and business requirements to develop the right AWS infrastructure.
- Automate and manage continuous software builds, tests, deploy processes and release configurations.
- Drive resource allocation, project planning and technical debt decisions.
- Troubleshoot build and deploy failures, and facilitate resolution.
- Responsible for production related issues, as well as, providing monitoring of the system.
- Determine areas for further automation to increase uptime of our products, as well as, find efficiencies by automating repetitive tasks.
- Support Test and Staging managed environments for middleware services and applications.
- Provide assistance to cross-functional teams, QA groups, development and infrastructure by participating in meetings, building out environments, and troubleshooting deployment / configuration related problems.
- Responsible for monitoring all environments and creating appropriate KPIs for stakeholders.
- 7+ years of architecture experience in infrastructure, databases, or application development related fields.
- Proven experience supporting & maintaining AWS, and Testing/ Staging environment builds.
- Previous experience leading a team is required.
- AWS Solutions Architect Associate Certification is an asset
- Technical degree or diploma is an asset (Computer Science, Sciences, Math)
- Proficient with monitoring/ data collection tools, configuration management and automation tools & container management technology (Ansible or Chef).
- Expertise with strong knowledge on Source Code Management, Continuous Integration/Delivery solutions (Git/Stash, GitLab, Maven and UDeploy).
- Understanding of IP networking, VPN’s, DNS, load balancing and firewalling.
- Familiarity in supporting and maintaining, scalable enterprise-class applications in public cloud (AWS) or private cloud solutions.
- Experience in developing end-to-end build/release automation for complex solutions for large-scale enterprise systems.
- Self-motivated to succeed and confidence to lead technical discussions among software developers
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
Why Work at ZTR?
At ZTR, we are passionate about technology and innovation! ZTR continuously promotes a healthy balance between work, fun and family. This is a place for driven people to make a difference in our company and within our customers’ organizations. You will have the ability to direct your own career path at ZTR as we are rapidly growing with numerous opportunities for professional growth and development.
We live and breathe by our ZTR Golden Rules:
- One team, one dream
- Embrace our differences
- Build relationships
- Customer success fuels our success
If these values resonate with you, apply today and become a member of the ZTR family!
ZTR Control Systems provides accommodations for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Candidates requiring accommodations during the recruitment process are asked to contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Apply for This Job