Location: London, Ontario, Canada
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada at the time of application. Candidates must have one of the following to be eligible for consideration – Canadian Citizenship, valid Permanent Resident status, valid Protected Person status or a valid open Work Permit.
As a UI Artist you will have the opportunity to work with production teams on game projects to establish the UI style for our games, assist in the design of new features, and create UI assets, motion graphics and UI animation.
Here are the things you can expect from this position:
- Collaborate with Game Designers, Programmers and Art Leads to define UI/UX product goals and strategize ways to achieve them throughout the design and development process of a game
- Ensure UI delivers an interactive and polished gameplay experience
- Create high quality art assets to be used in game
- Maintain UI architecture, file-naming, and file-preparation conventions and procedures that provide consistency with respect to UI/UX development
- Create front end flow design, menu hierarchy design and layout
- Keep up-to-date with current technologies in the digital illustration and game industries
To be an effective team member, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Interactive Media, Illustration, Graphic Design, or related field
- Academic experience with UI for an interactive interface with a good understanding of UX flow and function design
- An artistic background demonstrating creativity, versatility and technical ability
- Excellent Photoshop skills
- Strong Iconography skills
- Unity or Unreal experience would be considered an asset
You also have the following attributes and skills:
- A clear communicator
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Comfortable working in a team
- Enthusiastic about gaming culture
We know the above list is a lot. You don’t have to fill every single point. We each bring our own respective strengths to the table. Let us know which of the above is you and get in touch with us now to explore the opportunity further!
Big Blue Bubble is committed to employment equity. We encourage applications from queer, transgender, Indigenous, BIPOC, d/Deaf and disabled applicants. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments – if you require accommodations at any point in the application or recruitment process please submit them in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.