Software Development Manager
You Want to Work Here!
Are you looking to work for one of the fastest growing technology companies in the automotive industry? Are you located in Canada and looking for a remote position? Are you looking to work for a company that values their employees by providing a fantastic and flexible company culture? If you are looking for a challenge and an opportunity to grow with an amazing team of people, Mobials wants to hear from you!
About the Role
The Software Development Manager role is focused on managing the workflow and employee performance of our Software Developers. You will view completed work through an architectural lens and monitor the delivery and execution of your team. You will offer constructive feedback, guidance, and professional development opportunities to your team to effectively advance their technical skills. You are an experienced Software Developer and a qualified leader within the industry. You are self-motivated with a high attention to detail and expert knowledge of development best practices. This is a senior-level role with progression opportunity to Director, Technology.
- Lead and support a high-performing team of Software Developers belonging to a specific product portfolio.
- Establish and maintain high standards of security, reliability, scalability, performance, and quality in all delivered projects.
- Work closely with Senior Leadership and Product Management to review the scope of projects and ensure the delivery of milestones.
- Share information driving architecture, testing, development and deployment best practices.
- Conduct 1:1s with your team members and arrange for training and/or mentoring sessions.
- Complete periodic performance reviews and create professional development plans based on individual career goals.
- Work to achieve sprint targets, communicate and prioritize your team’s objectives, resolve conflicts, and develop the best possible solutions within the budget and timeline constraints.
- Write automated testing for new and existing systems and participate in code reviews to ensure software is of the highest quality.
- Lead daily team stand-ups, report on progress and setbacks, and solicit feedback to team members.
- Participate in the recruitment process to effectively build the bench strength of your Software Development team.
- Complete necessary paperwork for Software Developer interns and co-op students on your team.
- Participate in product feature discovery.
- Create and/or update software development processes and system documentation.
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
- 5+ years of work experience as a Software Developer.
- 2+ years of software management experience.
- Proficient in the following: Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP, Node or Python.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Exceptional attention to detail and a strong sense of ownership.
- Demonstrated leadership and people management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to problem solve quickly and adapt to change.
- Manages time extremely well.
Who We are Looking For
- You are not afraid to ask questions, rather, you are always wanting to learn.
- Curious learners = creativity = innovation = positive change
- Great attention to detail.
- You like to work with a team.
- You are not afraid to offer your opinion. We value diversity of thought.
- You take great pride in yourself and your work … you are a fan of you!
Life at Mobials Inc (You WANT to read this part!)
- A remote first work environment
- Hotel desking and available in the head office location in London, ON
- Education & personal development - we expect everyone to be learning and growing and we will support you, including financial support.
- Work life balance - Mobials allows flex-time scheduling and has competitive vacation benefits. We understand that life happens!
- Benefits - there is a company-wide, company paid flex plan health and dental program
- DPSP - We help invest in you and your future
- Social committee - we organize socials regularly (Virtual Bingo, Virtual Lunches, Beach Day, office olympics, scavenger hunts, etc.) and have a super fun annual Christmas party.
We encourage applications from persons with disabilities and will provide support throughout the recruitment process, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs.
While all submissions are appreciated, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All applications will be held in strictest confidence.