Asset Management Advisor
About PSD Citywide
PSD Citywide is a full-service firm offering research, consulting services and software to the North American public sector market. Our client base includes hundreds of small, mid-sized, and large municipalities from across North America, provincial/state and federal government agencies, and private sector entities. We are an industry leader that specializes in enterprise asset management and financial budgeting for municipalities. Over our years of experience, we have developed cutting-edge software solutions for our client’s asset management and financial budgeting needs, leaving behind mature and manageable programs making positive impacts in local communities.
PSD Citywide’s service areas are configured to meet three essential needs for governments: policy research and analysis, high-performance technology, and credible data. Through our infrastructure consulting and advisory practice, we work with decision-makers to refine organizational systems, programs and processes for better corporate outcomes. As we continue to grow our team, we are seeking a full-time Asset Management Advisor to join our Advisory Team. This is a full time remote based role within Canada.
The successful candidate will lead and manage a small team in the delivery of strategic Asset Management Roadmaps and implementations while consulting with clients on tools, policies and decision processes to effectively manage infrastructure. Job duties will include:
Evaluation and Development
- Research best practices in order to influence infrastructure policy and strategy development
- Evaluate client asset management needs and opportunities
- Develop infrastructure needs assessments and risk management programs
- By analyzing and leveraging client infrastructure data and information conduct lifecycle analysis and forecasting
- Produce new and creative analytic solutions that will become part of PSD’s core deliverables
- Supervise and develop a small team of Asset Management Specialists
- Support municipal clients in the coordination or implementation of asset management improvement initiatives
- Attend client meetings and assist with determination of project requirements and coordination of internal team members
- Make asset management presentations to all levels of client accounts but especially to senior management and director level audiences
- Contribute to client asset management projects with knowledge in infrastructure financing, developing business cases with financial analysis, infrastructure condition assessments, infrastructure rehabilitation and renewal, and operations and maintenance
- Lead hiring process, training/mentoring junior team members and new hires
- Guide internal and external stakeholders to ensure project timelines are being met on schedule
- Effectively and accurately communicate relevant project information to the client and project team
- Ensure clients’ needs are met in a timely and cost effective manner
- Track and manage project scope changes
- Strong knowledge and experience with Canadian and international asset management standards and best practices with a focus on the municipal sector is considered a requirement
- 5 + years of experience in the planning, implementation and application of municipal asset management procedures, practices, tools and techniques is required
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture or Engineering Technologies diploma in Civil Engineering, Economics/Business degree, or a similar discipline
- Supervisory experience would be considered an asset
- Knowledge of asset management tools and techniques; municipal asset management and capital budget programming and process is a requirement
- OACETT certification, IAM Certification and/or professional engineering designation is an asset
- Demonstrated ability to effectively facilitate complex asset management projects to high level executives within the public sector
- Highly developed analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication, with previous presentation and/or training experience
All resumes will be reviewed for experience working with key technologies. Only those who qualify will be contacted for an initial screening interview. We strive to provide a quick recruitment process, but to find the right candidate for the job the process may take up to a month to complete. We make every effort to follow up with every candidate regarding the next step in the process.
If you are invited to a screening interview you will discuss your experience with one of our People and Culture team members. This interview is an opportunity to get to know a little more about the company, the type of work we do and impact we have.
Candidates invited to a Virtual Interview will meet with the department Manager and a member of the People and Culture team. This will allow the candidate to get to know the team as well as learn more about our processes, culture and growth opportunities we have at PSD.
Why work with us?
Employee personal and career growth is important to us and we will encourage you to pursue the things you care about. We have a mentoring program that matches you with a senior team member for your first three months to ensure you get fully acquainted with our team. We also encourage continuous learning through a Training & Development program allowing our employees to fully explore their interests and contribute to different product development teams at PSD.
- Competitive Salaries
- Full Benefits Package
- Company Matched RRSP Contributions
- Remote work options
- Flex Hours & Paid Time off
- Social and Charity events and initiatives
- Ergonomic work stations
This is a remote based position that reports to our Burlington, Ontario office which is centrally located within just 1 hour of downtown Toronto and Hamilton, ON, and Buffalo, New York. Burlington hosts some of Ontario’s top festivals and events and is home to the Royal Botanical Gardens and beautiful boardwalks along the shore of Lake Ontario.
PSD is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this when you apply, and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.