Principal Research Director - Data & Artificial Intelligence
About Info Tech Research Group
Info-Tech Research Group is one of the world’s fastest growing information technology research and advisory firms, proudly serving over 30,000 professionals globally. A leading provider of practical, actionable research and advisory services in the IT Industry, Info-Tech has also been ranked 3rd on LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Canada list for employees seeking to build and grow their careers, named alongside global brands like TD, Mastercard, and Scotiabank.
Why Info Tech Research Group
At Info-Tech, you'll be part of a collaborative and diverse team that values creativity, innovation, and professional growth. Our remote and hybrid work models provide the opportunity to work with industry-leading experts around the world to make a real impact on the careers of our members while expanding your own. As part of our commitment to helping employees grow in their roles and careers, Info-Tech offers a competitive professional development stipend and scholarship program.
We work as a cross-functional, highly engaged team to achieve excellent results and take the time to celebrate our collective success. With Summer Fridays, optional in-office socials, annual Fun Days to acknowledge our employees’ hard work, holiday celebrations, and more, we maintain a vibrant workplace culture and give back to our people.
What You’ll Do
The Principal Research Director develops IT research content on Data and Artificial Intelligence and delivers advisory services to Info-Tech’s members with the goal of providing measurable value by improving their strategies, processes and organizational capabilities around Data management, Data Analytics, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence. The Principal Research Director also participates in ideation for Info-Tech’s research agenda in their domain. The Principal Research Director presents our methods and frameworks at Info-Tech and partner events.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Use their knowledge and experience in Data and Artificial Intelligence to help Info-Tech Research Group’s Clients improve their strategies and practices either online or on-site (delivering advisory calls or leading structured 1-week workshops.
- Contribute to Info-Tech’s Research Agenda planning activities by identifying trends in the Data and Artificial Intelligence practice, proposing research topics, and developing research outlines and scoping documents.
- Develop research content through the creation of best practice methodologies, blueprints, analytical reports, case studies, and industry and technology research.
- Develop technology content and articles for third-party media as part of Info-Tech’s PR activities.
- Deliver or co-deliver seminars in client events organized by Info-Tech Research Group, as well as partner events.
- Take part in data-driven diagnostic engagements with Info-Tech Research Group’s Members, adapting survey questionnaires, and analyzing results.
- Coach junior consultants and research analysts and share knowledge with them to develop their skills.
What We’re Looking For
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Computer Science, or Engineering.
- Minimum 12 years of experience in business advisory or consulting within IT.
- Demonstrated experience for a minimum of 6 years, providing advisory services in the fields of Data & Analytics, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence.
- Acquired experience and knowledge of the solution landscape for some promising emerging technologies:
- Machine Learning
- Artificial Intelligence
- IT certifications as well as management consulting certifications are considered an asset for this position.
- Client Interaction and Facilitation: Ability to build rapport and communicate effectively with clients over the phone and through facilitated in-person sessions.
- Project Management: Manage project scope, budget effectively, and report on project progress within a timely manner. Ability to lead negotiations while managing scope and client expectations.
- Written Skills: Ability to craft and word deliverables in a clear and concise manner. Achieve an aesthetically appealing outcome that is polished and professional.
- Business Development: Generate advisory sales leads from interactions with clients, whether during analyst calls or during project work, and proposing Info-Tech Research Group’s services to fulfill Member’s needs.
- Adaptability: Ability to work within a dynamic and changing environment. Mentors and leads others through those changes.
Info-Tech Research Group of companies is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic including Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran and are pleased to consider all qualified applicants. To that end, upon request, ITRG will ensure, to the extent possible, that accommodation be made available to applicants throughout the recruitment and hiring process.