Senior Software Developer
Who We Are: Cognition+ Inc. (“Cognition+”) is the leading provider of software solutions in the mutual insurance industry in Canada. Founded in 1993 and located in London, Ontario, Cognition+ Inc. has strong longstanding relationships with insurance and technology partners in North America. Cognition+ provides powerful, easy to use, and affordable software that ensures insurance companies of all sizes can compete in the insurance marketplace. Cognition+ offers solutions for policy, claims, accounting, and financial reporting, and includes integrations with third party trading partners including brokers, financial institutions and service providers. By gaining a deep understanding of our client’s business needs, and by constantly investing in R&D, we're committed to providing them with leading edge technologies to assist them in meeting their long term strategic initiatives.
Why Choose Cognition+?
Position Summary: We are looking for a qualified candidate to work with our Development Team. The incumbent will have the opportunity to work closely with other talented members of our team to enhance an enterprise software system. This position will help design, develop and test components of a multi-tiered solution.
- Competitive compensation package including benefits, group RRSP and incentive plan;
- Flexible work hours that offer work/life balance;
- Opportunity to learn, grow and innovate;
- Friendly and supportive team environment; and,
- Opportunity to provide your input into making this organization successful.
This position can be performed from our office in London Ontario, remotely in Ontario, or a combination of both. Remote based employees may occasionally be asked to travel to our office for meetings or team building events.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Design and develop new software applications or enhance current applications
- Fix customer issues
- Conduct testing and analysis
- Work with senior team members to design migration solutions, including development of specifications to ensure quality
- Create and maintain key documentation
- Maintain and adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Other duties as required by the organization
Additional Bonus Skills:
- Extensive experience developing with:
- Java/J2EE/Spring MVC
- HTML5/CSS3, especially Bootstrap and Responsive Design techniques
- Tools: Node.js/NPM/Yarn/SCSS/AngularCLI
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent education and/or experience
- A demonstrated familiarity with current software industry trends and emergent technologies
- Strong OO analysis and design skills
- Proven diagnostic, analytical, problem solving skills, and attention to detail
- JUnit experience
- Agile experience
- Sound knowledge of enterprise design patterns
- Application Server experience, especially Wildfly
- Deployments targeting Windows/CentOS operating systems
Equal Employment Opportunities:
Cognition+ Inc. is committed to employment equity and welcomes diversity. We encourage applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Cognition+ Inc. provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 519-432-8553 ext. 362.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply online at https://gocognition.com/join-us/
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for the next steps in the process.