You want to work here!
Are you looking to work for one of the fastest growing technology companies in London? Are you looking to work for a company that values their employees by providing a fantastic and flexible company culture including a remote-first work environment? If you are looking for a challenge and an opportunity to grow with an amazing team of people, Mobials wants to hear from you!
The VP of Operations role is focused on the strategic growth and leadership for AutoVerify’s operations in Canada and the U.S. This includes corporate business development activities and strategies for Product, Technology and Data Science departments. You will execute on the company's annual business and financial plans and have overall responsibility for the growth and diversification of the operations and products. In this role, you will assist in making key business decisions and influence the company's future direction. You will offer meaningful guidance and mentorship to the Director team enabling personal growth and development. You will also play a leading role in ensuring we have the right people in place. Growing and maintaining relationships with your teams, key clients and partners will be essential. This is an Executive-level position reporting to the CFO.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead, manage, mentor and develop senior staff in Product, Technology and Data Science.
- Drive achievement of corporate objectives by aligning departments with strategic goals, developing long term strategies and implementing profitable initiatives.
- Make actionable recommendations on both business strategy and operations.
- Develop and grow relationships with department heads and employees, vendors and key stakeholders.
- Drive product lifecycle management from concept to launch of products across all AutoVerify products.
- Ensure the definition of the product vision and support the Director, Product in inspiring all departments to move as a unified group in a strategic, technical direction.
- Ensure design, develop and implementation of organization information systems, software applications and IT Support and infrastructure systems.
- Ensure the creation and innovation of technical deliverables across product team backlogs..
- Support a culture of continuous development through training.
- Support Data in mining and analyzing data across the company to improve product development, solve complex business problems, and improve the overall performance of the business.
- Instill operational metrics and appropriate control systems to build upon departmental capabilities and meet/exceed customers’ needs.
- Make continuous improvements, including additions and adherence to, internal controls and financial procedures.
- Leverage corporate brand and unique competitive advantages.
- Effectively oversee talent acquisition, development and management for Product, Technology and Data Science.
- Serve as a member of the executive leadership team and participate in key decisions pertaining to product innovation, revenue growth, strategic initiatives and operations.
- Enhance corporate brand through continued development.
- Perform research in support of the development of new products, channels and marketing opportunities.
- Deliver timely and accurate reporting.
Who We are Looking For:
- 10+ years of senior operations management experience accompanied by 5+ years of leading project/product management team in the technology industry.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management and or related field.
- Proven track record of success in entrepreneurial and high growth work environments.
- Experience developing and driving ambitious plans for continued growth.
- Experience in the automotive field is an asset.
- Proven talent acquisition, development, and management capabilities.
- Experience at leading long-term strategy with organic growth to successful outcomes.
- Significant prior experience supporting the development of department specific presentations and proposals.
- Track record enhancing corporate brand and leveraging competitive advantage.
- Highly organized with the ability to manage changing or competing priorities.
- Advanced analytical, critical thinking, and decision-making skills.
- Skilled negotiator and problem-solver.
- Strong financial acumen, analytical skills.
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit.
- Results-oriented with a successful history of regularly achieving corporate objectives.
- Excellent change management, communication and presentation skills.
- Bilingual, preferred but not a requirement.
Life at Mobials Inc (You will WANT to read this part!):
- Amazing office space and a work atmosphere that is second to none.
- Enjoy our roof top patio and other cool spaces while you work!
- Remote work and ability to work in office
- Education & personal development - we expect everyone to be learning and growing and we will support you, including financial support.
- Work life balance - Mobials allows flex-time scheduling and has competitive vacation benefits. We understand that life happens!
- Benefits - there is a company-wide, company paid flexible health and dental program
- Social committee - we organize socials regularly (Beach Day, tubing, office olympics, scavenger hunts, etc.) and have a super fun annual Christmas party.
We encourage applications from persons with disabilities and will provide support throughout the recruitment process, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs.
While all submissions are appreciated, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All applications will be held in strictest confidence.