This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Jul 28, 2020
Few functions today have as much impact on an organization as Cyber Security. As a specialist with solid experience and credentials in this field, you’ll play a critical role at London Hydro in ensuring that we have the security standards required to support our business goals. If you’re up to the challenge, let’s talk.
Under the general direction of the Cyber Security Manager, or designate, you’ll establish, and ensure adherence to, the strategic and tactical direction for Information Systems (IT) Security throughout the corporate network, including partners, suppliers and contractors. As Cyber Security Specialist, you’ll be responsible for the design and implementation of cyber security architecture solutions that contribute to maintaining the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information assets. This role involves participating in risk assessments for new and existing technology solutions to identify opportunities for improvement and implementation of solutions to adequately mitigate associated risks, as well as working with IT, PMO and other staff to ensure that corporate security standards are in place and being followed.
Your responsibilities as Cyber Security Specialist will also include:
The role of Cyber Security Specialist will require a solid foundation, namely a university degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science, combined with 5+ years of responsibility in the field of IT with a demonstrated focus on cyber security. Your strengths will also include:
- Providing leadership and guidance on cyber security matters to staff
- Recommending, designing, engineering, monitoring and presenting cyber security architecture solutions
- Developing and maintaining a portfolio of IT Cyber Security policies, standards and procedures to ensure compliance with industry practices (e.g. OEB, Privacy by Design, NIST) to protect the integrity, confidentiality and availability of corporate and customer data
- Planning, recommending acquisition of, and executing periodic technical scans and vulnerability/risk assessments, including penetration and social engineering, of hosted, purchased and custom systems
- Ensuring that cyber security controls are in place and actively monitored
- Monitoring tools, reviewing events and configurations, conducting audits and incident investigations pertaining to cyber security, and ensuring that corrective actions are identified and implemented
- Delivering reports and presentations pertaining to cyber security
- Assisting with detailed investigations of Information Security breaches and/or inappropriate use of IT resources, and participating in court or arbitration hearings, as required
- Adhere to all Occupational Health and Safety Act rules and regulations, the IHSA's Electrical Utility Safety Rules, London Hydro safe work practices and procedures, and all components of London Hydro's health and safety program.
About London Hydro
For over a century, London Hydro has been providing safe, affordable and reliable electricity to a diverse customer base. We are one of the area’s larger employers, with a highly skilled and motivated team of people across many different occupations. Through this dedicated team and an extensive network of overhead and underground power lines, we power over 150,000 homes and businesses, and continue to improve the way people live and work.
Living in London offers many lifestyle benefits. Develop your career at London Hydro.
Watch the short video below for more details!
For more information and to apply
To find out more about London Hydro, as well as this and other opportunities to join our team, please visit our website at www.londonhydro.com. If you are both qualified and safety-focused, we invite you to submit your cover letter and resume as a single document, saving the file as your last name and first name with no spaces (i.e., LastnameFirstname), by Monday, August 17, 2020, to: Human Resources Department, London Hydro Inc., P.O. Box 2700, London, ON N6A 4H6. Fax: 519-661-5164. E-mail (quote Cyber Security Specialist in the subject line and ensure that you attach your resume): email@example.com. The successful candidate will be required to complete a Criminal Record Check prior to the commencement of employment. An education check will also be conducted.
London Hydro is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available under the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those invited for an interview will be acknowledged. Any personal information submitted will be managed in accordance with the requirements of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used only to determine eligibility for employment.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, this advertisement is directed to applicants who are authorized to work in Canada
- Certifications, or willingness to obtain certification, in networking and cyber security (e.g. CCNA, CISSP)
- Willingness to obtain at least one of the following certifications: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Excellent written and verbal communications, analytical, problem-solving, troubleshooting, organizational and interpersonal skills
- In-depth understanding of, and experience with:
- firewall systems
- Intrusion Detection/Prevention and Anti-Virus/Malware systems
- network administration
- Experience working with regulatory and audit agencies, an asset
- Palo Alto technology experience, an asset.