Who We Are: Cognition+ is a team of talented and dedicated people on a mission to deliver transformative digital solutions to insurance companies of all sizes. In addition to a fully customizable Enterprise Insurance Management Platform, Cognition+ offers on-demand support, connectivity, cybersecurity, and development services. Founded in 1993, we have gained a deep understanding of our client’s business needs and challenges and have invested in R&D to build the next-generation of insurance technology solutions. With a focus on teamwork, commitment, and trust, we know it takes people with diverse perspectives, ideas, and cultures to make a company succeed. We believe that hiring the best talent will lead to the creation of better products and services to keep our clients on the leading edge. If you are looking for a challenging opportunity for your work to make a lasting impact and your career to grow then we want to meet YOU!
Why Choose Cognition+
- Competitive compensation package including benefits, group RRSP, and incentive plan;
- Flexible work hours that offer work/life balance;
- Opportunity to learn, grow and innovate;
- Friendly and supportive team environment; and,
- Opportunity to provide your input into making this organization successful.
The Role: We are looking for a qualified candidate to work with our IT Team. The incumbent will have the opportunity to work closely with other talented members of our team to enhance our build and deploy solutions. This position will help design, develop and test components of our Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery of our enterprise software system.
This position can be performed from our office in London Ontario, remotely in Ontario, or a combination of both. Remote based employees may occasionally be asked to travel to our office for meetings or team building events.
- Manage infrastructure related to builds, including build servers/clusters, code repositories, and pipelines for large-scale multi-tenant platforms
- Maintain traditional Linux and Windows based infrastructures
- Automate deployment of services with open source technologies
- Administer and innovate monitoring and alerting processes for infrastructure and applications while maintaining SLAs
- Define and document infrastructure, systems configurations, CI/CD, and security
- Involvement in planning infrastructure architecture, end-to-end solution/design, and interface with development teams
- Interact with internal and external clients and vendors to ensure our products and services are operational, optimized, and secure
- Lead and coordinate projects, working with your team and other departments, to develop and schedule key initiatives
- Maintain revision control systems such as git and subversion
- Work with remote administration protocols such as SSH/SFTP, Terminal Services/RDP, as well as administration of VPNs
- Manage DevOps/Build infrastructure including tools such as Jenkins, Maven, and GitLab
- Define and maintain the company's DevOps strategy in a mixed environment of Linux (Red Hat, CentOS, Alma, Ubuntu) servers along with defining and implementing a cloud strategy
- Write Maven Scripts to automate the build process, as well as manage Maven repository servers such as Sonatype Nexus
- Create and maintain container images for use with technologies such as Docker, Podman, LXC
- Work with Software Developers/Engineers, Quality Assurance, and business teams to ensure automated test efforts are tightly integrated with the build system and errors are corrected
- Provide recommendations and decision making, from research through to testing, implementation, troubleshooting and support
- Miscellaneous technology infrastructure related duties as required by the Company
- Occasional after-hours maintenance and deployments duties.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent work experience
- Excellent Linux knowledge and experience, from shell scripting to server provisioning
- Strong scripting skills (Shell, Python and Ansible)
- Real-world experience with large-scale, redundant, carrier grade Java based enterprise software systems
- Understanding of design and deployment of Highly Available software and infrastructure solutions
- Experience with on-premises virtualization technologies such as VMware, Xen, or KVM
- A firm understanding of VPNs, TCP/IP, SSL, SMTP, SSH, DNS, and general security best practices
- Experience with CI/CD and DevOps tools such as Jenkins, Ansible
- Experience with revision control (git, subversion) and Maven repositories
- Experience with logging and operational monitoring tools such as Nagios, Zabbix, Graylog
- Ability to interact with customers and vendors
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated, able to work independently with minimal direction, multi-tasking when required
- Operational knowledge of GitLab and CI/CD automation capabilities using GitLab runner agents
- Knowledge of various containerization components such as Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, Compose and Docker Registry
- Familiarity with bug tracking/ticketing systems such as JIRA
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server configuration/administration
- Understanding of network security, network design, and firewalls
- Familiarity with cloud-based Software as a Service solutions
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as a Service solutions such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
- Good Interpersonal skills, and solid team-player mentality
Equal Employment Opportunities:
Cognition+ Inc. is committed to employment equity and welcomes diversity. We encourage applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Cognition+ Inc. provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 519-432-8553 ext. 362.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply online at https://gocognition.com/join-us/
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for the next steps in the process.