User Experience Designer III
London, ON, CA, N6G 5C6
Accelerate Your Career
Drive global technology
With more than $2 billion in revenues, CDK Global is a leading global provider of integrated information technology and digital marketing solutions to the automotive retail and adjacent industries. Focused on enabling end-to-end automotive commerce, CDK provides solutions to dealers in more than 100 countries around the world, serving approximately 28,000 retail locations and most automotive manufacturers. CDK Global solutions automate and integrate critical processes from pre-sale targeted advertising to the sale, financing, insurance, parts supply, repair and maintenance of vehicles, with an increasing focus on utilizing data analytics and predictive intelligence.
We’re large enough to make a difference but small enough for your voice to be heard. This means that we are an organization where every person matters. You can make an impact on the success of our business and that of our customers regardless of what career you decide to pursue.
From data scientists to sales and client service experts, we’re hiring to support your growth and ours - Green light your career.
Power the Possibilities
The CDK Global technology team is looking for collaborative innovators who are passionate about making their mark on emerging enterprise software products. We’re building and developing technology for the heavy equipment industry that will change the landscape for dealers, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and the customers they serve.
Join Our Team
Growth potential, ?exibility and material impact on the success and quality of a next-gen, enterprise software product makes CDK an excellent choice for those who thrive in challenging, fast-paced engineering environments. The possibilities for impact are endless. We have exceptional opportunities to evolve our industry by driving change through new technology.
If you’re ready for high-impact, you’re ready for CDK.
Stability meets Agility. CDK is one of the largest technology providers to the automotive industry, with more than 26,000 dealer sites in over 100 countries and nearly 9,000 employees worldwide. From data scientists to sales and operations experts, we're hiring to support your growth and ours.
GreenLight Your Career.
CDK Global is transforming the dealership experience for heavy equipment dealers and customers. To achieve this lofty goal, we are deeply engaging with our users to ensure that our products ignite ef?ciency and productivity while being delightfully easy to use. The User Experience engineering group at CDK is focused on the quality of the interactions people have with our technology and is looking for professionals that employ the principles and techniques of User Centered Design to join us.
UX @ CDK follows a multi- disciplinary approach that focuses on all the users' emotions, beliefs, preferences, perceptions, and behaviours through an iterative research and design process. As a UX designer you will...
- Transform the end user experience for CDK's heavy equipment dealership solutions
- Work closely with product development teams to follow user-centered design principles Provide interaction and visual design
- Drive the design vision, processes, and execution
- Collaborate closely with UX researchers to ensure designs meets the needs of the user Present and evangelize your work and the concept of usability across the organization
- Operate with lean, agile frameworks and methodologies to improve the ability to respond to change
We realize that everyone's situation is unique, however our general guidelines for requirements include…
- A portfolio demonstrating your design experience
- 5-7 years of UX design experience throughout the product development lifecycle or 3-5 years with master’s degree in User Experience, Human Factors, or similar background
- BA/BS in design, HCI, human factors, or similar Passion for design and usability
- The ability to work with other designers and researchers in a collaborative environment Experience working with and applying user research data
- Dealership industry experience is a big plus
We are adding a Senior UX Designer to our team in London, ON to help us research user and customer needs and create usable and useful solutions to those needs for our platform. This role will drive ideation. concepts and validate them through a lean UX process to drive the highest quality for our end-users, if you like the idea of working in a growing global UXD community and leading bold initiatives for the ever-growing automotive industry then this position is for you.
The Senior UX Designer works within the UX Design Team at CDK Global to strategize, conceptualize and produce the creation of Web-based tools and consumer interfaces, with a focus on platform and plug in app design. The Senior UX Designer will work with the project team to create visual, interactive, multidevice solutions that meet the needs of the client, meet business objectives, and provide an engaging and compelling user experience. You must have advanced experience and demonstrated ability conceptualizing, wireframing, prototyping. and delivering interface designs.
- Advanced experience and demonstrated ability designing web and mobile experiences for consumers. Advanced ability creating end-user objectives and developing creative concepts to support them.
- Familiarity with design thinking principles and how they apply to innovation and product development. Experience developing and working with design languages.
- Strong design and concept presentation, client relationship, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Practiced in the following usability practices: Surveys, user interviews, card sorting, prototyping, personas, information architecture, heuristic evaluations, user session videos, behavioral targeting, landing page optimization, and usability testing. Practiced in facilitating multi-stakeholder meetings to determine design objectives.
- High attention to detail and ability to work and manage drafts and deliverables in an extremely organized manner. Open and positive attitude toward clients and coworkers.
- Advanced ability to communicate changing requirements or priorities across a project team and achieve timely and universal acceptance. Advanced pro?ciency in tools like Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Invision.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Of?ce Suite and Windows and Macintosh platforms. Familiarity with collaboration tools like Jira, Con?uence or their equivalents.
- Familiarity with Agile software-development lifecycle. Experience with front-end development HTML/CSS, JS/REACT a plus.
Principal duties and requirements Essential Functions:
- Interpret use cases and design effective user interaction through the creation of work?ow diagrams and wireframes. Designing effective UI for Web-based designs and widgets. Outputs: wireframes with creative brief, initial look and feel mockups to communicate project vision internally and externally, speci?cation docs. For large projects: Personas, usability testing and reports, PowerPoint presentation highlighting key features. Estimation of time to complete design and production phase of projects.
- Establishing and maintaining high quality relationships with Software Engineers, Project Managers and Sales Associates to ensure accurate implementation of speci?ed design & functionality. Create style guides, prototypes and index sites for viewing mockups.
- Collect quantitative data from Business Intelligence and both prepare and share ?ndings with recommended changes to solutions.
- Mentoring less senior UX Designers.
- Fostering effective interdepartmental communication.
- Staying abreast of the latest developments in Internet software development technologies for desktops, tablets and mobile. Consistent tracking and entry of hours worked, for a minimum of 80% personal and team utilization. Effectively resolving con?ict.
- Client meeting facilitation - negotiation of features and effort plus goal gathering.
Previous Skills or Experience Desired
- Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, UX Design, or related ?eld or equivalent professional experience.
- 5-7+ years interactive design experience in a software company. interactive agency. design ?rm or web publishing environment. Continuing education in design and leadership.
- Work seated or with a standing desk at computer most of the day. High keyboard and mouse usage. 40 hours per week, additional hours as necessary.
- Ability to work onsite at CDK Global London, ON.
- Basic of?ce requirements and infrequent travel that may include standing or sitting for long periods of time.
CDK Global knows you have passions outside of work. You have family, friends, sporting events, and lots of things going on. That’s why we offer a comprehensive bene?ts package to not only take care of you but your family as well. Our bene?ts include RRSP matching, paid time off to re-energize, donate your time to volunteer in your community, and tuition reimbursement to name a few.
At CDK, we pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce. We value and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the different perspectives they provide. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.
At CDK, we pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce. We value and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the different perspectives they provide. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or veteran status. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Segment: Developer, Outside Sales, Supply, Advertising, Testing, Technology, Sales, Operations, Marketing