Canada Life’s Digital Hub – be apart of something awesome!
ABOUT CANADA LIFE’S DIGITAL HUB
We’re on a journey of transformation that is changing the way we work and how we help our customers. In our Digital Hub, we’re designing, coding and delivering new products for millions of Canadians. We’re changing the way a trusted institution operates by bringing human-centered design, agile and modern web development practices to life. When you join the Digital Hub, you join a diverse and talented team of creatives and technologists, all working together to improve the financial, physical and mental well-being of Canadians.
As part of the continued growth within our Digital Hub, Canada Life is proactively seeking to build and foster a community of customer-driven individuals, with a passion for rapid delivery of value-driven solutions. If you are an experienced Design Lead or have an interest in our digital transformation, we encourage you to consider applying for our Future Opportunities here!
Do you have a passion for creating compelling and meaningful digital experiences? Do you ALWAYS think about the customer first? Are you a creative problem-solver and communicator? Do you want to help lead the transformation of a company and an industry? If you answered a wholehearted yes to all these questions, we want to talk to you.
As a Design Lead, you’re a key part of our delivery teams who are creating meaningful experiences for our customers. You’ll help shape product vision into seamless and engaging user experiences, supporting agile teams throughout the entire design and development lifecycle. You’ll collaborate with business partners, scrum teams and other internal stakeholders to help turn business strategy and user needs into engaging experiences.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a design lead, you’ll be expected to:
- Define the experience strategy facilitating work sessions with client teams and users to define key design goals and requirements
- Audit the landscape competitively and comparatively for inspiration as well as design ideas that can be utilized in the current design process
- Lead the user experience and interface design for the team, making sure we’re on track to deliver a high-quality, desirable product that supports our Canada Life brand
- Lead and mentor UX designers on your team, while still digging into UX design work hands-on
- Create task flows and high-fidelity artifacts including wireframes, mock-ups, prototypes, etc., for both mobile and web pages
- Plan and conduct user research studies, using methods such as remote usability testing, A/B testing, 1:1 interviews, rapid contextual inquiries, etc.
- Empathize with our users, becoming an expert in their thoughts, needs, and behaviours that can impact product and design strategy
WHO YOU ARE
- Experience as a Design Lead or leading and coaching multifunctional teams of design strategists, researchers, UX/UI designers and visual designers
- You have several years of experience designing delightful consumer-quality products on both web on mobile platforms
- You love to design clear and creative artifacts (e.g., task flows, wireframes, mock-ups and prototypes)
- Have visual design skills, including use of a diverse set of software (e.g., InVision, Adobe CC, Sketch, OmniGraffle, Balsamiq, Axure)
- Experience with planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing and rapid prototyping
- Have solid knowledge and expertise in UX design, preferably in an Agile environment
- Have strong communication skills with ability to articulate and optimize designs based on the value to the user and the business
Discover your opportunity. Apply today!
Canada Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness facilities. If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Canada Life serves the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Canada Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Canada Life is a leading insurance, wealth management and benefits provider focused on improving the financial, physical and mental well-being of Canadians. For more than 170 years, individuals, families and business owners across Canada have trusted us to provide sound guidance and deliver on the promises we’ve made.
As of January 1, 2020, Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life became one company – Canada Life, and today, we proudly serve more than 13 million customer relationships from coast to coast to coast.