ASICS Running Apps – Customer Success Representative (Japan Region)
Kihachiro Onitsuka founded ASICS in 1949 to realize his desire to nurture the youth of Japan through sports and contribute to the development of society. Our founding philosophy, “Anima Sana In Corpore Sano (A Sound Mind in a Sound Body)”, represents our wish for people all over the world to live healthful and happy lives in both body and mind.
The ASICS brand is especially well known for its connection to running and for producing extremely high-quality running shoes. To strengthen our commitment to runners, we are expanding our investment in running-related digital services, i.e. running event technology (Race Roster™), AI run-coaching apps (the ASICS Runkeeper™ app), and other exciting platforms that will help us better serve the running industry. Combined, these projects and products makeup ASICS Fitness Apps.
Our mission?in the past, today, and into the future?is to contribute to a healthful and sustainable society and to bring joy to the people of the world through sports. Sports are an important element in living longer healthy lives, in feeling more fulfilled, and in crossing national and cultural boundaries to bring the world together. If you are looking to join a fun and innovative company focused on the booming digital health and fitness industry, this is the place for you!
As a Customer Success Representative for Race Roster, the ASICS Runkeeper™ App, ASICS Studio and other future apps, you will be an expert on our technology and support services. You will be responsible for delivering clear and concise information to our event organizers, participants and end users in a timely manner through various communication channels (emails, social , phone support, social media). You will be relied upon to deliver exceptional customer service and provide creative solutions to event organizer and app user problems . Day to day, you will be responsible for communicating internally cross-department and externally to our clients and end-users. This position requires flexibility as we respond to new business and customer requirements, while being able to quickly adapt to new strategies and priorities as they evolve.
- Work closely with the Customer Success team to answer incoming inquiries from event organizers, event participants and app end-users to ensure a positive customer experience
- Offer support, guidance and training to event organizers, event participants and app end-users via phone, email, video calls + screen-shares and social media
- Offer empathy, support and creative solutions to technical problems with event organizers, event participants and app end-users
- Work closely with Customer Success leadership to identify themes, offer solutions and make educated recommendations to our technical team
- Submit product bugs & enhancement (Race Roster and Runkeeper) requests on behalf of the Customer Success Team
- Complete projects and tasks that directly impact the success of our customers and end-users
- Meaningfully participate in diversity and inclusion initiatives across the ASICS Running Apps teams
- Work effectively across departments to help exceed customer expectations
- Prioritize workload and manage multiple tasks at once
- Other duties as directed, including the potential for various ad hoc or special projects as assigned
Education & Experience
- Fluency in Japanese and English with strong written and verbal communication skills in both languages
- Post-secondary education is preferred
- 1-3+ years experience in a professional services environment
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong organization and data management skills
- Available for a Tuesday to Saturday or Sunday to Thursday work week
- Availability during support business hours (Monday to Friday 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM EST, Saturday and Sunday 7:00 AM – 3:00 PM EST)
- Comfortable with phone and email customer service
- Experience in troubleshooting simple and complex customer challenges
- Eager to provide superior customer service and build relationships
- Ability to show empathy when needed
- Self-motivating, results-driven, top performer
- Tech savvy
- Effective completion of assigned tasks
- Efficient use of time and resources
- Continuously learning and improving in your role
- Quality of work performed
- Ability to communicate effectively with other employees at all levels of the organization
The successful candidate for this role will become an employee of Race Roster North America Corporation (RRNA), a subsidiary of ASICS Corporation – a Japanese multinational corporation. Race Roster was founded in London, Ontario in 2011.