ABOUT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Founded in 1993, Digital Extremes has become an employer of choice for talented people seeking rewarding career opportunities in the gaming industry. We are widely recognized for creating the award-winning Warframe, a free-to-play, third-person coop, PVP action shooter, space ninja adventure game available on PC, PlayStation, Xbox and Nintendo Switch. Our early titles include Epic Pinball, Solar Winds: The Escape, Unreal and Unreal Tournament co-created series (and all its iterations) as well as The Darkness II. With over 300 of the industry’s widely talented and culturally diverse employees in both Canada and the US, we are warriors combining our expertise to deliver superior fast-paced gameplay and intense melee combat all with a great deal of passion.
WHY WORK AT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Our culture is centered on providing great opportunities to our employees so that everyone feels they are making a meaningful impact. Developing new and existing talent is our long-term focus. We are honored that our work environment has been consistently recognized as one of “Canada’s Top 100 Employers”. We summon you to join our elite team!
The rewards of a career with Digital Extremes include:
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunities
- Excellent benefits and paid time off
- Matching RRSP plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Professional development and career support
- Fitness and parking/transit subsidies
- Daily lunches prepared onsite by our in-studio Executive Chef and professional kitchen staff
- All-day snacks and drinks, sleep pods, massage chairs, cold brew, dog therapy days and more
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Digital Extremes is seeking a Senior Gameplay Programmer to join our team. In this role, you will be working in conjunction with designers to design and implement cutting-edge, intuitive artificial intelligence solutions for next-gen gameplay. You will develop and maintain a fast 3D game engine including working on graphics, gameplay and AI programming as well as porting to next-gen video game platforms. You will need to have previous experience working in AI on a shipped product. You will also be be an expert in C++ and have strong communication skills. As an ideal candidate, we would also prefer if you have experience with console (next-gen preferred) as well as experience with concurrent programming. Familiarity with large-scale C++ project development, APIs (D3D, OpenGL, PhysX, DirectSound, DirectInput, Win32/GDI), Perforce, Perl, profiling tools (i.e. VTune, PIX, Tuner), assembly language and low-level systems are preferred extras.
- Work in conjunction with designers to design and implement cutting-edge, intuitive artificial intelligence solutions for next-gen gameplay.
- Develop and maintain a fast 3D game engine that may involve working on graphics, gameplay and/or AI programming as well as porting to next-gen video game platforms
- Implement and maintain thoughtful, strategic path finding and path following algorithms as well as formation and grouping of algorithms.
- Communicate with designers, artists and other engineers to ensure AI satisfies production needs and quality standards.
- Ensure the technical quality through tuning and bug fixing.
- Contribute innovative and original ideas toward all aspects of the game's production and development.
- Write robust, maintainable code.
- Maintain code performance through profiling and optimization.
- Passion for making and playing great games.
- Expertise in C++.
- B.Sc. Degree in Comp Science, Mathematics, Engineering or equivalent game development experience.
- 2+ years game development experience, with at least 1 shipped product.
- Strong communication skills, work ethic and motivation.
- Previous experience working in AI on a shipped product
- Willing to relocate to Canada.
Digital Extremes is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for the next steps in the hiring process will be contacted.
Please submit your application directly through our website: