Intermediate Software Developer (4+ years of software development)
Join one of the world’s fastest-growing IT research and advisory companies, proudly serving over 30,000 IT professionals.
We are a growth focused, entrepreneurially spirited company who has consistently achieved YoY growth in our 23 years of operation and are especially proud of our double digit growth during the last year of a global pandemic.
The intermediate software developer will translate software requirements into workable programming code and build scalable web applications that solve a variety of problems for our clients. This role will also assist in architectural decisions and leverage their technical knowledge to build solutions.
- Use a variety of programming languages and development tools to build, test, implement, and support the development of web software applications
- Collaborate and interact with interdisciplinary teams (interactive designers and software developers) to identify and resolve issues, review and complete projects
- Participate in an agile software development framework; proactively find and address areas of concern and identify potential roadblocks
- Assist in estimating resource needs and timelines to complete short and long term projects as well as daily operational tasks
- Assist in clarifying stakeholder requirements; communicate questions and address concerns; provide relevant and detailed updates and feedback in a timely manner
- Design appropriate technical solutions based on requirements provided while taking into account timelines and future re-use ability
Education and Experience
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a professional software development role
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science, Application Development, or Information Technology (nice to have but not required)
- Any certification is an asset
- Solution Design – Ability to define and describe an architecture of a system and understand the cause and effect of their coding
- Collaborative communication skills (written and oral) - Ability to convert technical concepts into non-technical
- Backend Development – Some experience and applicable knowledge in backend development in any language (Ruby, PHP, .NET, etc.), relational databases, writing and optimizing queries (Postgres, MySQL, etc.)
- Development from specs - Ability to find requirements and break them down into an actionable execution plan for the team and proactively identify problems.
- Frontend Development – some experience and applicable knowledge with HTML 5, CSS3 or Java Script
Info-Tech Research Group of companies is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic including Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran and are pleased to consider all qualified applicants. To that end, upon request, ITRG will ensure, to the extent possible, that accommodation be made available to applicants throughout the recruitment and hiring process.