We are currently looking for a skilled bookkeeper to assist in maintaining our financial records. In this role, the Bookkeeper will report to the Manager of Accounting. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, this is currently a work-from-home position. If you are an articulate, professional and driven individual who enjoys being challenged and being kept busy, then we want to hear from you!
The successful candidate selected for this Bookkeeper role will be responsible for:
- Performing daily bookkeeping; accounts payable, accounts receivable and bank reconciliations.
- Monthly bookkeeping services including the entry of revenue, expenses, account reconciliations
- Payment of HST remittances
- Assisting in the preparation of accurate financial statements
- Respond to various queries from auditors
- Bank and credit card reconciliations
- Prepare and process expense reports
- Assist with year-end closing
- Any and all other finance-related duties as required
- Other administrative tasks and projects, as required
- Familiarity and experience with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures
- College designation or an equivalent combination of education and experience in accounting
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (complex formulas and functions)
- Professional, business communication skills; both verbal and written
- Knowledge of Accounting Seed cloud-based platform a benefit
- Experience performing full cycle accounting
- Fast, accurate data entry skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to multitask, deliver on tight deadlines
- Very organized
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Paystone is a leading Canadian provider of payment processing and customer engagement solutions. Our secure, user-friendly solutions are used at over 25,000 locations across Canada and the United States by thousands of companies, including the ALDO Group, The Source, Booster Juice, Global Pet Foods, Kernels Popcorn and 50 of the MTY Food Group's restaurant brands
Paystone is a hub of innovative thinkers looking to create a safer, faster and smarter payment and customer engagement solutions for our customers. Named one of ‘Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies’ 3 consecutive years in a row and recognized as one of Canada's Best Workplaces in Technology’ 2 years in a row we are committed to excellence both internally and externally!
Why work for Paystone?
Certified as one of Canada’s Best Workplaces our office culture is like no other – with many virtual social events such as gaming events, fitness activities and comedy events. We offer flexible scheduling to promote a healthy work/life balance, a company perk plan through Perkopolis. We also employ an engaged and diverse workforce of all ages and ethnicities.
If you yearn to be part of a passionate, driven team whose primary vision is to forge meaningful, personal relationships with its clients all whilst working in an upbeat, fun and motivating environment then we want to meet you!
**Paystone is an equal opportunity employer. Should you require any accommodations due to disability please let us know at the time you are selected for an interview.