Senior Software Developer-Technical Lead
The Software Developer IV contributes to all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle through the analysis, design, implementation, verification, and maintenance of software solutions. This role works closely with Business Unit stakeholders to review requirements, validate designs, create work estimates, develop software, and verify product releases. The Software Developer IV also works in close collaboration with the Software Development Team Lead to define and implement best practices across all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle
Our Software Developers are creators. They build our product offerings and help us reach our target audience which includes customers purchasing vehicles, customers looking up values of vehicles, customers looking to see how their product brand penetrates specific markets, customers who track their incentive programs and much more.
Core Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and code complex software applications from business and technical specifications
- Develop, execute, and review unit, component, and integration level tests to verify requirements are met
- Ensure coding standards and product quality targets are met through the completion of code reviews
- Investigate and resolve complex technical issues for assigned projects
- Support the professional development of junior team members through coaching and mentoring
- Enable continuous improvement across the SDLC through the introduction of new technologies and processes
- Create and review technical and end user product documentation
Technical Lead Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a detailed technical understanding of client needs and project requirements
- Lead and coordinate day-to-day technical execution of on and offshore Engineering staff
- Work with Architects to review and provide feedback for Software Design Documents
- Act as the primary point of contact for Project Management status updates
- Collaborate with technical stakeholders to create detailed work package estimates
- Create, prioritize, assign, and monitor all software development tasks for assigned projects
- Perform code reviews to ensure quality, proactively identify defects, and recommend improvements
Education, Experience, and Competencies:
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- 5-10 years of software development experience with Java
- Experience with Java or .NET application servers
- Experience with web servers such as Apache HTTP Server or NGINX
- Experience with version control software such as Git
- Experience with build tools such as Maven
- Experience with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins or TeamCity
- Experience with relational and non-relational database design and development
- Exceptionally self-motivated, self-directed, and detail-oriented
- Excellent communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills
The Career Opportunity:
This is an opportunity for you to grow your skillset as a solid programmer using enterprise-level tools and best practices within the software industry. Your career could move into Software Architecture, Software Consulting, Technical leadership, and even your own business building software. You will be exposed to challenges that you see in a rapidly evolving industry with an established company.
The Team / The Business:
You will be part of a full project team that includes senior Software Developers, QA, Project Managers, and business leaders who are dedicated to a specific long term client.
Our Hiring Manager says:
”I’m looking for the kind of person who is flexible and a creative problem solver. There may be challenges we have never run across before and I need someone willing to explore options and not be afraid to voice them."
J.D. Power is a global leader in consumer insights, advisory services and data and analytics. A pioneer in the use of big data, artificial intelligence (AI) and algorithmic modeling capabilities to understand consumer behavior, J.D. Power has been delivering incisive industry intelligence on customer interactions with brands and products for more than 50 years. The world's leading businesses across major industries rely on J.D. Power to guide their customer-facing strategies.
J.D. Power is clear about what we do to ensure our success into the future. We unite industry leading data and insights with world-class technology to solve our clients’ toughest challenges.
At J.D. Power, we strive to be Truth Finders, Change Makers and Team Driven - the distinct behaviors that, together, define our unique culture.
Truth Finders - At J.D. Power, we are proud of the unbiased data and findings we provide. As individuals, each and every member of our team is dedicated to living this same objectivity and embodying the highest ethical and professional standards – the only ‘favorite’ we have is the truth.
Change Makers - At J.D. Power, we never stand still. We constantly seek better ways – innovating and evolving in everything we do to support our colleagues and our clients alike – and all in service of delivering data and insights that drive meaningful business impact.
Team Driven - At J.D. Power, we are one team and we are activated. Regardless of individual role, every member of our team is dedicated to supporting their immediate colleagues and our broader J.D. Power family to deliver on our collective purpose and make us greater than the sum of our parts. At J.D. Power, these values are more than words. We bring these values to life throughout our organization through our employee event series — J.D. Power Values Days. Each quarter, we celebrate one of our core values and hold an annual event to celebrate our combined values at the end of the year.
We are dedicated to leveraging comprehensive and equitable practices which contribute to the overall success of the company and its employees. We invite you to learn more about our DE&I efforts.
J.D. Power is an equal opportunity employer and compliant with AODA/ADA legislation. If you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please specify.
To all recruitment agencies: J.D. Power does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.