Senior RPA Developer
We are Canada Life
Being a part of Canada Life means you have a voice. This is a place where your unique background, perspectives and talents are valued, and shape our future success.
You can be your best here. You’re part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where your career and well-being are championed. You’ll have the opportunity to excel in your way, finding new and better ways to deliver exceptional customer and advisor experiences.
Together, as part of a great team, you’ll deliver on our shared purpose to improve the well-being of Canadians. It’s our driving force. Become part of a strong and successful company that’s trusted by millions of Canadians to do the right thing.
Be your best at Canada Life.
We are looking for a Senior RPA Developer
Given the size and scope of our organization, we have the flexibility for this position to be located in the following head office locations: Toronto, London, Winnipeg.
Technology redefines the way we work and deliver to meet business needs and elevate the customer experience. You’ll be part of an organization that is embracing modern technology, innovation and agile ways of working.
Our Canada Technology team is a strategic partner in our business – with an ambition to be a forward-thinking, agile technology organization delivering secure, resilient and leading solutions that support Canada Life and the well-being of millions of Canadians.
We are looking for a Senior RPA Developer to play an integral role in our RPA Centre of Excellence (COE) organization. In this dynamic environment, you will work closely with business teams to deliver end to end implementation of automation projects and help advance our COE capabilities and delivery framework. Join a dynamic team where you’ll help accelerate our automation program!
What you will do
- Work with our Business Partners, Business Analysts and RPA Developers to identify potential opportunities, accurately analyze and estimate development effort and process complexity. Leads the management and assignment of work requests and resourcing responsibilities for initiatives where necessary, tracks and reviews progress.
- Analyze current software products and technical specifications. Identify and communicate the technical infrastructure requirements.
- Create or contribute to the design documentation and technical specifications for development. Maintain solution documentation and update all relevant RPA libraries.
- Responsible for the quality and accuracy of software products. Lead and orchestrate the development and socialization of design decisions required, overseeing team collaboration to develop, modify, configure and integrate solutions to meet business requirements and nonfunctional/engineering specifications.
- Lead the configuration and integration of third-party software products, tools and solutions. Manage coding, engineering, configuration, integration and quality standards
- Develop or configure new RPA processes and objects using core RPA development principles and best practices that are reusable, efficient, well structured, maintainable and easy to understand
- Lead and support the technical troubleshooting and incident management to resolve complex problems
- Lead and support change management activities including the execution of impact analysis to support proactive identification of actions to minimize production system interruptions
- Participate and provide feedback during code review meetings with Software Developers
- Manage technical debt and create a roadmap and plan to address
- Make recommendations for maturity and capability improvements based on lessons learned. Adapt to organizational change, best practice and improvements across teams, including the effective implementation
- Manage relationship with business stakeholders & enhance RPA delivery process. Collaborate with Business System Analyst, Systems and Solution Architect and business stakeholders to resolve issues/conflicts that impact time, cost, scope, quality, and risk of projects
- Provide direction and leadership to less senior professionals, and is recognized as a technical leader throughout the department. Mentor, train and coach various resources on development lifecycle strategies, methods, processes, tools and approaches.
- Adhere to COE technology organization’s technical design and documentation standards and conform to applicable architectural standards
- Lead and or contribute to the development and evolvement of our internal COE initiatives and capabilities
What you will bring
- University degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field
- A minimum of 3 years hands on experience as RPA Developer with work directly aligned to the specific responsibilities of this role
- Strong technical background and development experience with RPA platforms with hands on experience with features and functionalities of Automation Anywhere, UiPath RPA tool
- Experience in programming concepts and proficient in one or more programming languages (e.g. Java/.NET, Visual Basic, C#), API/Web Service, database systems and data access methods, source code management
- Strong problem-solving skills to identify and troubleshoot problems requiring analysis and exploration of options, recommending solutions or preparing discussion for escalation
- Exposure to delivering in both Agile and Waterfall methodology
- Ability to rapidly acquire new knowledge, learns new skills, and applies creative thinking to solve problems while understanding the organization’s vision, purpose and values
- Effective planning and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, organize and complete multiple tasks with high attention to detail
- Strong commitment to professional customer service excellence
- Ability to adapt to change and perform effectively under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Action oriented, outcome focused and collaborative team player constantly seeking continuous improvement in what we do
Be your best at Canada Life- Apply today
Technology redefines the way we work and deliver to meet business needs and elevate the customer experience. You’ll be part of an organization that is embracing modern technology, innovation and agile ways of working.? Our Canada Technology team is a strategic partner in our business – with an ambition to be a forward-thinking, agile technology organization delivering secure, resilient and leading solutions that support Canada Life and the well-being of millions of Canadians.
We are one of Canada's top 100 employers!
Canada Life serves the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to?reach their potential.
Canada Life?would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted
Apply for this job online