This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
JOB LOCATION: Canada (Remote-based, 14 month Limited-term)
JOB TITLE: Senior Manager, Clinical Data Management
JOB SALARY: 105,000-176,000
JOB REPORTS TO: Director, Data Sciences
JOB DEPARTMENT/UNIT NAME: Data Sciences – Data Management
A leadership role within the Data Sciences Department responsible for oversight of end-to-end delivery of data management and database programming services, collaborating with internal and external customers, and ensuring staff deliver high quality, timely service and meet all regulatory requirements and guidelines. Responsible for overseeing operational responsibilities and targets including but not limited to hiring, staff performance, utilization, retention, process improvements and financial management for the data management and database programming groups.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Operational Management
- Ensure operational efficiency and excellence by leading and/or assisting in the creation and documentation of new or revised department procedures.
- Track data management and database programming metrics on quality and efficiency and lead the implementation of improvements.
- Establish appropriate objectives for data management and database programming that support the company strategy and objectives and create alternative solutions to address business and operational challenges.
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to optimize Data Management and database programming technology, processes, and standards.
- Participate in project and department budget development and responsible for effective management of budgets for data management and database programming groups.
- Participate in the evaluation and selection of data system vendors to enhance Data Management and database programming processes, e.g., EDC, IRT, ePRO.
- Contribute to the financial success of the department and company by effectively managing financial aspects of the data management and database programming groups, including but not limited to Work Orders, Change Orders, study forecasting and budgeting.
- Act as a subject matter expert and point of escalation for Data Management and database programming issues.
- Team Management and Engagement
- Work with Data Management and Database Programming management staff to identify and quantify resource requirements for ongoing and future projects; Interview, hire, onboard and train new staff as appropriate.
- Supervise, mentor, provide leadership and oversee development of direct reports by setting individual objectives and key results to support department and company strategies and objectives.
- Service Delivery and Oversight
- Ensure Data Management and Database Programming deliverables meet/exceed project/study team expectations regarding quality, time, and cost.
- Oversee data collection strategy and handling of study data to ensure clinical databases are designed in a standard, accurate, complete, and consistent format to produce datasets that are conducive to analysis and a possible regulatory submission.
- Act as a point of escalation for data management project issues, manage risks and alert Senior Management with a view to remedial action.
- Other Responsibilities
- Work with other departments and analysts on special projects to ensure company end to end processes and technologies are efficient and effective, work seamlessly together and deliver improved customer value.
- Represent Data Management at business development, sponsor, or other professional meetings.
- Assist the business development team with RFIs, RFPs and project pricing.
Job Experience & Education Requirements:
- Undergraduate university degree (Bachelor or Honors Bachelor)
- 7-9 years related experience +continuous training and knowledge/skills upgrading
- College Diploma/Degree
- A Minimum of 10 years related experience and training/continuous ongoing development
- Life Sciences, Programming, Clinical Research specialty or CCDM certification preferred.
- Fluency in English is required as this role requires regular communication in English with clients and staff located in other provinces, the United States, and Europe.
Accommodations for persons with disabilities are available on request in respect of all aspects of the recruitment and selection lifecycle. Requests can be directed to email@example.com
Apply for This Job