This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
A Little About Us
Making fans - That’s what we’re all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to become the successful company it is today. We are focused on making our mark as a next-generation, live operations games company.
We believe that each Viking is unique and brings exponential value to the company. In return, we provide Vikings with the opportunity to solve problems through continuous learning and fostering feedback, ultimately mastering their craft. By investing in our Vikings and in new technologies, we can continue our success for years to come.
We are embarking on an adventure and rely on our team of skilled, enthusiastic, and collaborative Vikings to turn our ship towards a new horizon. With that in mind, we are on the hunt for exceptional talent to join us on this new journey and help hoist the sails!
The Nitty Gritty:
Big Viking Games is on the hunt for a full-time Quality Assurance Analyst to help us in our quest of creating the most fun social and mobile games. As QA Analyst, your primary responsibility is to create and execute test cases for assigned features while communicating issues, risks, and test statuses in a timely and detailed manner. You are a key player in helping us provide our fans with the best gaming experiences possible. This position is offered 100% remotely.
- Upstream testing and analysis to prevent bugs from entering the integrated game code
- Executing test plans that test a product from end-to-end
- Maintain an in depth understanding of the product at all times; understanding how the features and functionality are related and interdependent
- Executing test routines for integration, system, load and performance testing
- Effectively collaborating with team members to achieve the best results
- Be an active participant in the development process accountable for signing off on deliveries and attesting to stability and that they meet all design criteria.
- Properly catalog priority and severity of issues found during the QA testing process
- Managing and merging approved pull requests via Github
- 1+ years of experience in a QA environment, testing across web and mobile platforms
- Experience using Jira and Confluence creating and managing bugs and producing reports
- Experience with Test Run execution
- Proven track record with Manual Testing
- Communicate in a clear and concise manner, in both verbal and written format
- Online environment and mobile testing experience
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- A background in scripting
- Experience using various bug tracking systems and test case management programs is an asset
- A passion for gaming
- Health, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- A generous amount of Paid Time Off (Vacation, Personal Days, Sick Days, Family Leave)
- Competitive Salaries
- Professional Growth
- Health & Wellness Benefits (Employee Assistance Program, Monthly Spending Account, Wellness Initiatives, Perkopolis)
- Vikoins (Peer Recognition Program & Rewards)
- Stock Options
- Group RRSP
- Frequent remote events/meetings to stay connected with your peers and share company updates
- 100% remote work environment
Becoming a Viking:
Are you cut from our cloth? Does the idea of working for a gaming company and doing what you love every day get you so excited that you kind of want to scream? Great! Send us your resume!
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.