The Finance department at StarTech.com is growing again! As a result, we are looking for a General Accountant to join our team.
Reporting to the Controller, the General Accountant makes an impact by assisting with the general ledger function including month-end and year-end close, financial reporting and analysis, as well as providing support to the overall Finance team for various projects.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic and growing organization with an international footprint, operating within a multi-currency environment.
This role can be performed remotely, in-office or a bit of both! This position offers a competitive salary, bonus potential, and benefit package.
In this role you will:
- Act as a key contributor in the month-end and year-end close process for all StarTech.com entities
- Ensure key balance sheet accounts are reconciled, all journal entries are accurately posted, and liabilities are recorded correctly for period end
- Ensure bank transactions are properly recorded and bank accounts are reconciled monthly
- Maintain fixed asset register and accurately record amortization monthly
- Ensure expense reports from across the organization are processed timely and transactions are accurately recorded in the general ledger
- Assist in the timely preparation of month-end financial reporting including balance sheets, income statements, cash flows, and inventory reporting
- Provide accounting support, financial analysis and insight to the organization as needed, including transaction history, variance analysis and reconciliations
- Contribute to projects across the organization by understanding, identifying and communicating changes on key business processes
What can you bring to the table?
- Post-Secondary Education in Accounting or Finance is preferred, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of significant and related experience in a general accounting function
- Either achievement of CPA Designation or working towards it is strongly preferred
- Proven experience with financial reporting, (including preparation and analysis of financial statements) in a fast-paced, multi-company, multi-currency environment
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel (Microsoft Dynamics an asset)
- A demonstrated ability to work under time constraints, effectively prioritize multiple responsibilities, be detail oriented, while showing a commitment to process improvement
What’s in it for you?
- Comprehensive Benefit Plan and RRSP Matching
- Competitive Vacation Policy
- Bonus Plan
- Access to corporate wellness initiatives such as the Headspace app and fitness subsidy
- Training and Development Program
- Paid Charity Day and Regular Company Fun Events
- StarTech.com Product Discount
We are in the business of human-centered experiences starting with yours. We believe delivering on our promise of "hard-to-find, made easy" begins with an employee experience founded in opportunity, teamwork, empowerment, and curious minds always asking what if. Not only does our commitment to the exceptional deepen relationships with our partners and customers, it also ignites connection within our team.
Born and raised in London, Ontario, Canada and now taking on the world, we are a vibrant and growing tech company with a proven track-record of success. StarTech.com makes it easy for IT professionals around the globe to identify, find, get and use the hard-to-find connectivity parts they need to enable and enhance their technology solutions.
Operating in 23 countries globally, we are proud to be included as one of Canada's Best Managed Companies for 2022 and for the 12th consecutive year. We are honoured to be named by Kincentric in 2019 as one of Canada’s “Best Employers” as well as “one of Canada’s fastest growing companies” for a ninth year in a row by “Profit 500”.
StarTech.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, StarTech.com will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.