StarTech.com is currently looking for a Product Photographer to join our Product Information Creation team. The Product Photographer will be responsible for creating compelling images of our products that will be utilized on our website, as well as on the websites of our resellers across all markets. Products are photographed on their own and in lifestyle situations to illustrate their use, utilizing Adobe Photoshop to ensure images appear professional and work for all mediums.
The Product Photographer will work with our in-house Product Photographer and other members of our visual Product Information team to execute on our visual strategy to communicate product performance, features, value proposition, compatibility, and differentiation through photos. With a strong understanding of IT technology and connectivity products, our visuals will help inform and simplify the purchase decision for the IT professional.
What will you be doing?
- You will be responsible for taking product photos and primary application shots to highlight key product features and differentiators. The photographer will be required to take photos of the new and in-life products to ensure all visual content for StarTech.com products is up to date.
- You will be required to edit product photography for a large portfolio of products in various product categories targeted towards the IT professional globally.
- Working closely with the graphic design team, you will ensure product photos and context images can easily be labelled/annotated for port callouts, compatibility, and value proposition.
- You will play a key role in building a standard and definition at a product category level while aligning with the product strategy. This will include defining how certain product categories and product families should be photographed to meet the requirements of our visual strategy.
What can you bring to the table?
- A technical mindset with a passion for technology – hands on experience with StarTech.com products will be considered an asset.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign as well as Microsoft PowerPoint.
- A keen eye for aesthetics and detail with strong organizational skills.
- The ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- A collaborative, team-oriented mindset. This is a cross-functional role that requires collaboration with Product Management, Graphic design team, Product Development.
We are in the business of human-centered experiences starting with yours. We believe delivering on our promise of "hard-to-find, made easy" begins with an employee experience founded in opportunity, teamwork, empowerment, and curious minds always asking what if. Not only does our commitment to the exceptional deepen relationships with our partners and customers, it also ignites connection within our team.
Born and raised in London, Ontario, Canada and now taking on the world, we are a vibrant and growing tech company with a proven track-record of success. StarTech.com makes it easy for IT professionals around the globe to identify, find, get and use the hard-to-find connectivity parts they need to enable and enhance their technology solutions.
Operating in 23 countries globally, we are honoured to be named by Kincentric in 2019 as one of Canada’s “Best Employers” as well as “one of Canada’s fastest growing companies” for a ninth year in a row by “Profit 500”.
StarTech.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, StarTech.com will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.