Director, Research & Advisory – Security, Privacy, Risk & Compliance Practice
Info-Tech Research Group is the world’s fastest growing information technology and HR research and advisory company, proudly serving over 34,000 IT and HR professionals worldwide. We produce unbiased and highly relevant IT and HR research to help CIOs and CHROs make strategic, timely and well-informed decisions. We partner closely with IT and HR teams to provide everything they need, from actionable tools to analyst guidance, ensuring they deliver measurable results for their organizations.
We are known for our innovative culture and have been named five times as one of the 50 Best Workplaces in Canada by Canadian Business Magazine. We offer an engaging work environment where you can have a voice and make a difference. We work hard to achieve excellent results and play hard to celebrate our success. We offer two exciting office locations in both Toronto and London outfitted with everything from massage chairs, ping pongs tables, treadmill working stations to golf simulators. We care about our community and sponsor several national and local charities. We care about our employees too, offering a variety of perks, including in-house yoga, summer hours and chances to receive an all-expenses paid vacation!
We are in a period of growth within our Research department and are looking for a Research & Advisory Director within the Security, Privacy, Risk and Compliance practice at Info-Tech Research Group. As a Research & Advisory Director you will be responsible for delivering measurable value to our members by working with them on-site and remotely to help improve their strategy, technology, processes, and people. Additionally, the Research & Advisory Director is responsible for generating insight and providing expertise during the development of our research content.
Must be eligible for a TN Visa and have the ability to travel occasionally to deliver workshops (once it is safe to do so).
As our Research & Advisory Director, you will:
- Utilize our research Blueprints to assist members through the process of executing projects or process improvements either remotely or on-site.
- Identify opportunities to provide value to clients through Advisory services and workshops, and work with our commercial teams to define the scope and project outcomes.
- Identify further areas of assistance required for clients after initial Experience calls and book appropriate subsequent experiences.
- Contribute as a subject matter expert to our research agenda and develop research blueprints through 3-month research cycles.
- Monitor ongoing developments in various core security technology areas via research and vendor briefings and advise our members on trends and industry directions.
- Work jointly with our marketing team and account management team to reengage customers with low service levels through targeted campaigns and outreach.
- Help drive the commercial success of the practice working with consulting and project management teams.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum undergraduate degree.
- 10+ years’ experience designing and supporting security-based solutions, such as administrating and/or engineering Identity Life cycle Management, SIEM and other security-based technologies.
- Proven experience gathering requirements, analyzing needs and providing technical solutions to meet client needs.
- Highly specialized skills such as experience in lead roles in security, privacy, risk, or compliance (ISO, CISO, privacy, risk or compliance officer, etc.).
- Industry certifications, such as CISSP, CIPP or CISM, an asset.
- InfoSec and Cybersecurity Knowledge: demonstrated understanding of security operations principles and processes, security architecture, and core information security knowledge.
- Domain Expertise: Must have a strong knowledge of security technologies and possess subject matter expertise within multiple IT and security sub-domains.
- Understanding of new technologies and demand in the industry.
- Client Advisory and Service Delivery: Ability to lead clients through complex projects by providing guidance, critical analysis, and support; demonstrated experience building client relationships and establishing the role of a trusted advisor; ability to lead clients through structured working sessions to facilitate inclusive discussions.
- Insight Generation: Demonstrated experience building client relationships and establishing the role of a trusted advisor; ability to frame problems or solutions in a new or unique way that resonates with our member base.
- Leadership Qualities: Proven ability to motivate, coach, and empower team members to deliver organizational goals, while delivering value back to employees.
- Strong relationship building and management skills with the ability to manage up and across various levels.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills. Writing skills are of paramount importance in the creation of Research and communications with clients.
- Event Speaking: Public speaking experience; ability to speak in the area of subject matter expertise or present Info-Tech’s security research at Info-Tech’s own event or at external events and conferences.
ITRG is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected factors. To that end, upon request, ITRG will ensure, to the extent possible, that accommodation be made available to applicants throughout the recruitment and hiring process. #zr