RPA Developer Production Support
We are Canada Life
Being a part of Canada Life means you have a voice. This is a place where your unique background, perspectives and talents are valued, and shape our future success.
You can be your best here. You’re part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where your career and well-being are championed. You’ll have the opportunity to excel in your way, finding new and better ways to deliver exceptional customer and advisor experiences.
Together, as part of a great team, you’ll deliver on our shared purpose to improve the well-being of Canadians. It’s our driving force. Become part of a strong and successful company that’s trusted by millions of Canadians to do the right thing.
Be your best at Canada Life.
We are looking for an RPA Developer Production Support
Given the size and scope of our organization, we have the flexibility for this position to be located in the following head office locations: Toronto, London, Winnipeg.
We are looking for an RPA Developer Production Support to play an integral role in our Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Centre of Excellence (COE) organization.
Under the direction of the Director Automation Services, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting our RPA platforms/environments and production processes including bot deployment, maintenance, monitoring, troubleshooting and timely closure of issues. The Developer will co-ordinate his/her activities with other software developers supporting the production environments and will be guided by the Support Team Lead.
What you will do
- Provide production support/process monitoring for our bots (digital workers), ensure the bots are running, investigate and troubleshoot issues in the live production environment
- Responsible for monitoring and responding to open tickets through an incident management system
- Co-ordinate operational and daily support activities and ensure effective and timely resolution of all issues in compliance with the Service Level Agreement requirements
- Troubleshoot production issues and suggest fixes to issues by doing a thorough root cause analysis and impact of the defect
- Maintain our production and development environments and ensure the stability of the environments
- Monitor our automation environments and technical logs, identify and address potential issues that can occur, and ensure the environments provide the required capacity to scale up and down based on existing volume and future volume based on project pipeline
- Continuously update the production support knowledge base
- Perform code reviews and ensure the code base adheres to set standards
- Understand system and business changes that may impact our automated processes and manage the changes by working collaboratively with our business partners without disruption to production processes
- Interface and coordinate with various business units for bots deployment in production (code review, deployment) per our automation lifecycle and methodology
- Work collaboratively with delivery teams on change requests, managing issues and establishing priorities
- Develop and manage effective relationships with multiple stakeholders and business partners.
- Apply sound risk management principles, identify, raise and proactively address potential risks related to our automation environments
- Perform regular audit and compliance review to ensure compliance to our established standards and processes, policies and procedures
- Provide consulting and support the delivery of automation projects as required
What you will bring
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience in applications support related to RPA platforms
- 3+ years experience with RPA technologies (UiPath, Automation Anywhere, PEGA Open Span)
- Knowledge in SQL and administrating and configuring Windows Server environments
- Technical knowledge on Windows systems and architecture, Identity and Access Management (Active Directory, CyberArk, SAML),
- Experience with ITSM tools such as JIRA, Service Now, Confluence
- Good understanding of the RPA infrastructure deployment options (on prem, cloud)
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering
- Results-focused; will go above and beyond with the ability to show creativity in providing solutions
- Proven ability to learn and handle multiple priorities in a dynamic and challenging work environment
- Ability to work on calls, late nights and weekends as required
- Knowledge of incident, problem, and change management processes
- Excellent problem-solving skills; be naturally curious and creative with a drive to offer solutions to problems
- Ability to multi-task, effectively prioritize work, and adapt in a pressurized situation
- Relationship building with people and across teams with different levels or expertise
- Sound business and technical acumen with demonstrated flexibility to identify and apply different approaches to solve business problems, and advance work on business priorities with the ability to deal with ambiguous situations
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with proven interpersonal / teamwork skills
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills to effectively convey goals and initiatives to team members and management.
Be your best at Canada Life- Apply today
Technology redefines the way we work and deliver to meet business needs and elevate the customer experience. You’ll be part of an organization that is embracing modern technology, innovation and agile ways of working.? Our Canada Technology team is a strategic partner in our business – with an ambition to be a forward-thinking, agile technology organization delivering secure, resilient and leading solutions that support Canada Life and the well-being of millions of Canadians.
We are one of Canada's top 100 employers!
Canada Life serves?the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee?has the opportunity to?reach their potential.
Canada Life?would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Apply for this job online