Senior Community Manager
A Little About Us:
Making fans - That’s what we’re all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to become the successful company it is today. We are focused on making our mark as a next-generation, live operations games company.
We believe that each Viking is unique and brings exponential value to the company. In return, we provide Vikings with the opportunity to solve problems through continuous learning and fostering feedback, ultimately mastering their craft. By investing in our Vikings and in new technologies, we can continue our success for years to come.
We are embarking on an adventure and rely on our team of skilled, enthusiastic, and collaborative Vikings to turn our ship towards a new horizon. With that in mind, we are on the hunt for exceptional talent to join us on this new journey and help hoist the sails!
The Nitty Gritty:
Big Viking Games is looking for a self- driven, ambitious and result oriented Senior Community Manager to join us full- time and lead our Community team for one of our Flagship Worlds games. The individual will be reporting to the Director of Customer Experience.
In this role, you’ll oversee the management of the community from strategy through execution, working closely with cross-functional teams and business stakeholders to define, develop, and execute community related initiatives for the assigned game.
This position is offered fully remote.
- Create engaging copy for social media and forums
- Owning charity/giveaway initiatives
- Forum & Social Media Moderation and replying to comments
- Facilitate Community/PST bi-weekly sync
- Facilitate Forum/Page Moderator communication
- Lead and organise live streams
- Contribute to monthly brainstorms
- Request community-driven assets
- Create and release theme surveys/theme retros/player demo and other surveys.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive set of community guidelines and policies
- Monitor community health and produce reports on relevant issues and outcomes
- Represent the voice of the community in cross-departmental communications, sharing trends, pain points, and sentiments to enhance the player experience.
The Must Haves
- 4+ years of experience as a Community Manager or similar role with a gaming company.
- Experience in planning, leading and executing community initiatives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience of working collaboratively in a fast paced, highly dynamic environment.
- Highly organized with an ability to work with multiple teams in different countries.
The Nice to Haves
- Experience of working with Social Live-ops games
- Experience with communication and collaboration gaming experiences
- Experience with Buffer or similar social media management tools.
- Experience with Sendy or similar user communication tool
- Health, Dental, Vision Benefits
- A generous amount of Paid Time Off (Vacation, Personal Days, Sick Days, Family Leave)
- Competitive Salaries
- Professional Growth
- Health & Wellness Benefits (Employee Assistance Program, Monthly Spending Account, Wellness Initiatives, Perkopolis)
- Vikoins (Peer Recognition Program & Rewards)
- Stock Options
- Group RRSP
- Frequent remote events/meetings to stay connected with your peers and share company updates
- 100% remote work environment
Becoming a Viking:
Are you cut from our cloth? Does the idea of working for a gaming company and doing what you love every day get you so excited that you kind of want to scream? Great! Send us your resume!
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.