A Little About Us:
Making fans - That’s what we’re all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to become the successful company it is today. With over 80 Vikings spread over 14 different countries, we are focused on making our mark by building awesome free-to-play mobile and social games. Big Viking Games has proudly amassed millions of loyal fans across its many popular titles with no signs of slowing down anytime soon. We believe that by investing in our employees and in new technologies, such as HTML5, we can continue our success for years to come. With that in mind, we are on the hunt for exceptional talent to join our growing team, and that’s where you come in!
The Nitty Gritty:
Reporting to our VP of Games and General Manager, we are searching for an Art Director to lead a new division within the business.
- Own, articulate, and evangelize visual direction
- Lead, inspire, and mentor artists and art leads
- Direct multiple art disciplines to achieve incredible results
- Create concept paintings, models, textures, and other benchmark assets that inspire others
- Work closely with game design to ensure art supports a gameplay-first player experience
- Foster and maintain effective relationships inside and outside the art department
- Ensure that everything we produce is world-class in quality and authentic to our game worlds, and actively helps our games last for decades.
- 3+ years of experience as a Lead Artist or Art Director, with a proven track record of shipping AAA products in a Director role
- 5+ years of experience in crafting video game art or 3D feature film animation concept/production art
- World-class visual storyteller
- Passionate about world-building and character development
- Proactive and fearless “doer”
- A natural leader, you are confident leading and motivating a large team of artists with varying skills, specialties, and personalities
- You know your stuff. You have proven, expert level illustration and / or concept art skills, and have demonstrated proficiency with popular 2D and 3D applications, such as Maya, 3DS Max, Adobe Photoshop, Painter, etc.
- Solid knowledge of current and next-gen art techniques as well as fundamental art principles
- Modeling and texturing assets for a diverse visual range of environments and a solid grasp of form, colour, and light in 3D environments (Zbrush, Mudbox, Maya 3DS Max)
- Comprehensive benefit package, including health, dental, vision and life / disability benefits
- Competitive salaries including generous time off policies and our Employee Stock Option plan
Becoming a Viking:
Are you cut from our cloth? Does the idea of working for a gaming company and doing what you love every day get you so excited you kind of want to scream? Great! Send us your resume and cover letter, and a link to your portfolio.
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.