Executive Business Partner (Remote)
A Little About Us
Making fans - That’s what we’re all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to become the successful company it is today. We are focused on making our mark as a next-generation, live operations games company.
We believe that each Viking is unique and brings exponential value to the company. In return, we provide Vikings with the opportunity to solve problems through continuous learning and fostering feedback, ultimately mastering their craft. By investing in our Vikings and in new technologies, we can continue our success for years to come.
We are embarking on an adventure and rely on our team of skilled, enthusiastic, and collaborative Vikings to turn our ship towards a new horizon. With that in mind, we are on the hunt for exceptional talent to join us on this new journey and help hoist the sails!
The Nitty Gritty
We’re currently looking for a highly motivated Executive Business Partner (EBP) to join our team! Joining the Office of the CEO (OOTC), you’ll be supporting the day to day of our CEO, as well as two Chief of Staff members. The Executive Business Partner will be an extension of the team. You’ll be the person to make our office better, faster, and more effective, through supporting our team by enabling them to focus on the most important priorities. Acting on behalf of the office of the CEO, the EBP is responsible for handling communication, scheduling, and other administrative duties, all whilst approaching work with professionalism and sensitivity. This role is offered 100% remotely, supporting team members in the EST timezone.
- Provide day-to-day executive support to the CEO, working closely with the Chief of Staffs to optimize the CEO’s priorities and deadlines
- Arrange, confirm, and prepare briefings for meetings by obtaining relevant and critical information, materials, and research prior to each meeting to properly prepare the CEO
- Carefully manage calendars, while monitoring and managing priorities in each member's calendars
- Prepare agendas and briefing materials for senior leadership teams’ daily, weekly, and monthly meetings; attend the meetings and record minutes with action items and carry out appropriate follow ups
- Reconcile multiple reports on a monthly basis
- Prepare presentations and reports as required
- Maintain the strictest confidentiality
Strategy/Business Focussed Responsibilities
- Overall, be a strategic partner to the OOTC, in addition to offering general administrative support
- Organize and prep meeting agendas for OOTC and other executive meetings - conduct and compile research, prepare speaking points, dictate meeting flow, provide context for meetings and their participants, and etc.
- Take ownership of the OOTC's operating manual, databases, and SOP's
- Think strategically of the CEO's time and priorities (think like a Portfolio Manager)
- Ensure OOTC's scrums are running efficiently and handle their daily briefing documents
- Respond to questions and concerns on behalf of the OOTC
- Think of ways to constantly make operations more efficient and effective
- Be proactive in your support, through anticipating needs and offering solutions to complex business problems
The Must Haves
- 5+ yrs experience in executive administration, supporting entrepreneurial C-suite executive(s), as a business partner to an organization
- Experience supporting leaders in a 24/7 environment, being available and responsive during non business hours
- Excellent communication skills - both in verbal and written correspondence
- Ability to take ownership in their work, performing follow ups and completing things in a timely manner
- High professionalism and rapport building skills
- Extreme attention to detail, organizational skills
- Be resourceful and independently ‘solve the problem’
- Proficiency with technology/systems: G Suite, Slack, Zoom, etc.
- Experience working in a high pressure and fast paced environment - you’re a natural multitasker and can prioritize a heavy daily workload
- Highly discrete and maintains the utmost confidentiality
The Nice to Haves
- Executive administration experience from the Gaming, Start Up, or Tech industry
- A passion for games!
- Health, Dental, Vision Benefits
- A generous amount of Paid Time Off (Vacation, Personal Days, Sick Days, Family Leave)
- Competitive Salaries
- Professional Growth
- Health & Wellness Benefits (Employee Assistance Program, Monthly Spending Account, Wellness Initiatives, Perkopolis)
- Vikoins (Peer Recognition Program & Rewards)
- Stock Options
- Group RRSP
- Frequent remote events/meetings to stay connected with your peers and share company updates
- 100% remote work environment
Becoming a Viking:
Are you cut from our cloth? Does the idea of working for a gaming company and doing what you love every day get you so excited that you kind of want to scream? Great! Send us your resume!
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.