Manager, Crisis Management
We are looking for a Manager, Crisis Management
The Manager, Crisis Management will support the Director, Crisis Management in developing and overseeing the enterprise incident and crisis management framework for the Canadian business segment.
This first line of defence role will assist in coordinating the response to incidents and crises involving stakeholders from across existing Canadian business units, support functions and oversight functions. The successful candidate will draw upon extensive training, experience, and subject matter expertise to align Canada Life’s processes with the principles and best practices used for incident, emergency and/or crisis management in large government or corporate organizations.
They will have strong leadership and facilitation skills, and a proven ability to resolve complex and time-sensitive issues while working under high-stress conditions. Expert verbal and written communication, political acumen, as well as advanced time management and problem-solving skills are required for the successful completion of all activities.
What you will do
- On-call to support the Director during crisis management activities.
- Serve as alternate Response Facilitator, leading, or coordinating response activities as required.
- Serve as a subject matter expert during incidents and crises, working to align response processes to principles and best practices of existing incident management frameworks (Incident Command System, Bronze-Silver-Gold, etc.)
Planning and Documentation
- Assist in the development of crisis management plans, playbooks, and processes.
- Support the development of Post-Incident and Post-Exercise Reviews, including oversight and implementation of recommendations for improvement as required.
- Maintain and update program plans and supporting documentation.
Training and Exercises
- Conduct annual training and awareness activities for stakeholders with roles and responsibilities related to incident and crisis management.
- Support or lead the design, development, and delivery of exercise activities to internal audiences.
- Support quarterly reporting and governance of program activities and assist in the management of any additional reporting requirements as needed.
- Represent the program to internal and external audiences including senior leaders, regulators, and industry peers through completion and delivery of reports and presentations.
- Engage with second line of defence Business Continuity Management teams to support global or regional initiatives.
- Collaborate with external vendors and service providers to advance program maturity through established initiatives.
What you will bring
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in disaster and emergency management or a related field, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- 5+ years of experience participating in or leading the response to incidents, emergencies and/or crises in large, complex organizations.
- 5+ years experience in developing incident, emergency or crisis management plans and processes.
- 5+ years experience designing, delivering, and evaluating incident, emergency, or crisis management exercises.
- Advanced training and certification related to recognized incident, emergency, or crisis management systems (Incident Command System, Bronze-Silver-Gold, or equivalent).
- Certification related to emergency management or business continuity preferred (AEM, CEM, CBCP, CBCI).
- Proven ability to manage crisis situations and work under high-stress conditions.
- Ability to influence others at all levels of an organization through advanced leadership skills, emotional intelligence, and political acumen.
- Displays innovation and thought leadership; able to develop and apply processes influenced by established best practices to a complex and politically sensitive environment.
- Possess expert communication skills, both written and verbal, including writing executive communications and reports.
- Strong organizational, planning and program/project management skills.
- Adaptable to work independently amid changing requirements and direction in a fast-paced environment.
- Displays a willingness to align to established team culture, fostering an environment of open communication, collaboration, and mutual respect.
- Relevant experience in the financial industry would be considered an asset.
Given the size and scope of our organization, we have the flexibility for this position to be located in the following head office locations: Regina, Toronto, London, Winnipeg.
Be your best at Canada Life- Apply today!
Being a part of Canada Life means you have a voice. This is a place where your unique background, perspectives and talents are valued, and shape our future success.
You can be your best here. You’re part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where your career and well-being are championed. You’ll have the opportunity to excel in your way, finding new and better ways to deliver exceptional customer and advisor experiences.
Together, as part of a great team, you’ll deliver on our shared purpose to improve the well-being of Canadians. It’s our driving force. Become part of a strong and successful company that’s trusted by millions of Canadians to do the right thing.
Canada Life serves?the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee?has the opportunity to?reach their potential.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process. All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Canada Life policies. To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact email@example.com.
Canada Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.