Accounting & Receivables Specialist
Position Location: London, Ontario
Founded in 2005, Voices.com is the largest global online marketplace for audio and voice over products and services composed of half a million business clients and voice actors.
As the Voices.com Accounting & Receivables Specialist, you will be responsible for managing day-to-day billing tasks that are integral to the operation of the business, as well as month end duties including account reconciliation, adjustments and budget maintenance. You’ll utilize your unmatched attention to detail and stellar communication skills to wow our team and our customers while providing excellent customer centric service levels.
You will report to the Financial Controller and will be a highly important member of the Voices.com Finance team. This position will put you into a rapidly growing industry and will require you to have strong analytical skills, time management, resource management, and an ability to build positive working relationships both internally and externally.
- Accounts Receivable - billing, applying payments, following up on overdue accounts via email, phone, and support tickets
- Internal support regarding transaction inquiries for both the Sales and Customer Support teams
- Preparing daily and/or monthly account reconciliation
- Creating journal entries for financial transactions
- Maintaining assigned general ledger accounts
- Departmental budget maintenance and consultation
- Assistance in other month end responsibilities
- Exceptional verbal communication, including presentation and negotiation skills
- Strong relationship building and networking skills
- Entrepreneurial drive and strong work ethic
- Ability to meet reporting deadlines while maintaining a positive attitude and outlook
- Proven analytical skills
- General understanding of accounting concepts
- Comfortable with the use of computer software, including but not limited to MS Office Suite, G Suite applications including Google Drive, and Chrome web browser
- Experience with business systems such as Salesforce and Sage Intacct is a plus
- College diploma in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or equivalent
- At least 1 year in an accounts receivable or accounting role
- Interest in, or pursuing, accounting designation would be considered an asset
How Voices.com is supporting our colleagues through this pandemic:
- Voices had all of our colleagues working from home with their laptops, monitor, accessories includes their ergonomic chairs by Monday March 16th
- We maintain communication with our colleagues by putting out a good news, fun and informative newsletter type bulletin once per week
- We hold virtual huddle every Monday and bi-weekly virtual Town Halls
- We care about the mental health of our colleagues through our EFAP program and human connection through our optional virtual social events such as meditation, stretching, games, happy hours, etc.
Equal Employment Opportunities
Voices.com values diversity. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Voices.com is committed to providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities; please let us know if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.
Interested candidates are encouraged to send their cover letter and résumé by completing the online application. By doing so, your resume is guaranteed to be reviewed.
Voices.com thanks all candidates in advance.