Proposal Writer (RFP)
Northern is North America’s leading digital experience agency. We unite creativity, technology and performance marketing to create immersive digital experiences for leading brands in their pursuit of digital transformation. We have strategically assembled a group of innovators, who have a passion for technology, design and improving online experiences.
Our team is made up of individuals who are dedicated to making a difference in the digital landscape. Our experts have specialized knowledge and expertise in building websites that stand out from the rest, both in look and in functionality. Our full-service solutions means we are committed to a project from the beginning stages of planning and development to the stages of strategic promotion and marketing..
Our employees are challenged to uphold the highest standards and together we strive to exceed all expectations. We are currently seeking a Proposal Writer who will complement our passion for advertising, technology and performance-based results.
What We’re Looking For
We are currently seeking a highly motivated Proposal Writer to join our team!
The Proposal Writer will be responsible for providing sales support; identifying, analyzing and responding to RFP opportunities; defining and documenting new and existing processes around opportunity identification, opportunity analysis, and bid/no-bid decisions; and increasing efficiencies to facilitate the scalability of the role.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Scan bid sites daily to identify relevant opportunities.
- Assess bids using analysis scorecard and review with RFP Manager
- Refine search queries to expand opportunity catchment.
- Review process with RFP Manager on an ongoing basis, as needed.
- Review opportunities in RFP master list along with analysis document/scoring required for a bid/no-bid decision.
- Participate in weekly RFP department meetings.
- Identify red flags or areas of concern that may factor into a bid/no-bid decision.
- Provide subjective rankings for opportunities based on fit and probability of success.
- Follow RFP intake / handoff process to facilitate scaling.
- Attend pre-proposal calls, when required.
- Use Salesforce to transfer prospective clients from the master list document, update and maintain status in CRM for full transparency.
- Create new, and refine existing, RFP response templates to increase efficiencies within the response creation process.
- Continually refine and improve topic-based content repository to streamline the RFP response process and lower the reliance on Subject Matter Experts.
- Identify gaps in the boilerplate content and coordinate with the marketing/tech teams to resolve.
- Keep boilerplate content up to date and relevant.
- Monitor and download any addenda that are issued and file appropriately in Google Drive.
- Create draft RFP responses based on approved templates.
- Structure RFP responses in alignment with guidelines stated within RFP.
- Populate RFP responses with boilerplate content, where applicable, and topic-based content from repository.
- Create custom content, where required, with a response to supplement boilerplate information.
- Identify areas of RFP response that require Subject Matter Expert input with ample time for delivery.
- Write and edit proposals and bids (RFIs, RFPs, etc.) within defined deadlines.
- Format and organize documents for submission.
- Prepare electronic and hard copies of responses for submission.
Knowledge, Education & Experience Required
- 2-3 year diploma or degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Business or related field.
- 2-3 years experience writing RFPs or Proposals, preferably in web, technology or an agency environment.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Adobe Pro, G Suite tools. ?Salesforce experience is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of proposal development and production processes including the ability to organize, write and edit proposal content.
- Exceptional business-oriented written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to think on your feet and offer creative solutions when faced with sales objections.
- Strong organizational skills and a keen ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to anticipate challenges and mitigate risk to ensure deadlines are met.
- Self-motivated with strong time management skills.
- Determination to establish a strong repeatable and scalable process.
- Ability to meet aggressive deadlines and thrive in high-pressure situations.
At Northern we recognize that experience comes in many different forms. If your experience is similar to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. We know that the best problem-solving and creative thinkers are those with thought diversity; that’s why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to our team.
In exchange for your talent and expertise, Northern is committed to providing competitive compensation, health benefits, flexible work schedules, delicious meals, company retreats, opportunities for growth and professional development, and a fun, supportive environment that will allow you to be your best!
Equity and Diversity
Northern invites applications from all qualified individuals. Northern is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from all individuals, including but not limited to members of visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require any accommodations please let us know when you apply.
Apply To Position