Talent Acquisition Specialist
JMP Solutions is searching for a Talent Acquisition Specialist to join our growing North American Talent Team. The area of focus for this role will be on United States recruitment. You will be responsible for end-to-end recruitment of candidates in the Industrial Automation space spanning business units in process automation, control system integration, information and MES, automation and robotics systems, automated guided vehicles, material handling, and networking and security applications. Due to the technical nature of these roles, expertise in sourcing and recruiting for hard-to-find technical roles would be an asset, however, if you are a confident recruiter and have the capacity to adapt and learn quickly, this may be your next challenge!
This is a remote position based in Ontario, ideally located in London, Kitchener/Waterloo/Cambridge or the GTA, with periodic travel to other JMP business units as required.
What Would a Typical Day Look Like?
- Support the execution of the full cycle recruitment process with activities ranging from creating and posting jobs, sourcing candidates, pre-screening resumes, scheduling interviews, administering assessments, checking references, and coordinating onboarding logistics
- Effectively manage the inbound flow of internal and external candidate applications including referrals in our applicant tracking system
- Evaluate candidates based on values and competency framework, and run a comprehensive end-to-end selection process and support the hiring manager with the decision-making process
- Ensure a high-quality candidate and customer (internal stakeholder) experience by providing transparency and progress updates on a regular cadence
- Build effective networks and relationships to maintain a strong pipeline of top talent
What Qualifies You for this Opportunity?
- End to end recruiting experience and the confidence to work with highly technical, remote hiring managers and candidates, ideally within a high growth environment
- Experience with U.S. recruitment is preferred
- Experience recruiting in industrial automation, automotive, CPG, and food and beverage is an asset
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with an ability to juggle multiple demands – you thrive in an ever-changing environment
- Strong detail orientation
- Relationship builder and all-around ‘people-person’ who develops great working relationships and demonstrates a strong customer service orientation while representing JMP to the marketplace
- Excellent communicator (oral and written) and able to interact with a diverse audience
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also as part of a team
- High levels of integrity, diplomacy, and tact, with an ability to always maintain confidentiality
- Excellent PC skills including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Flexible – may be required to take on ad hoc assignments
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License and have access to a vehicle for travel to various offices
- Legal ability to work and travel within Canada
How could you boost your application?
- Working knowledge of LinkedIn
- Recruitment experience in any/all of the following industries: Automotive, Robotics, CPG and Food, and Beverage
- Experience with recruitment in the U.S. market
- Recruitment experience in Engineering and/or highly technical roles
What Does Success Look Like in this Role?
At JMP, our employees bring more to the table than simply their technical skills. Essential to success at JMP, employees are constantly flexing the following soft skill behaviors to compliment the technical aspects of their roles.
- Personal Effectiveness: strong communication, adaptability, self-awareness, negotiation, problem-solving
- Tenacity: purpose, determination, drive, perseverance
- Sense of urgency: responsiveness, energy, engagement, loyalty
- Smarts: comprehension, learning aptitude, skillfulness, brainpower
- Accountable: takes ownership, responsible, go-to person, decisiveness
Who is JMP?
A mature, North American company founded in 1987 with 16 business units across the US and Canada, JMP serves the Fortune 1000 space providing engineering services and turnkey solutions in seven core areas: process automation, control system integration, information and MES, automation and robotics systems, automated guided vehicles, material handling, and networking and security applications.
One of the fastest-growing Systems Integrators in the world, and the only company in the world that is a Rockwell Automation Solution Partner, CSIA and RIA Certified. We have been certified as a “Great Place to Work” 2013 through 2020 and a “Best Workplaces Canada” award recipient from 2013 through 2020, including Best Workplaces for Inclusion and for Women 2020.
What does JMP value?
Our values are our foundational concepts on which we build JMP; we adhere to these no matter what mountain we climb.
- Integrity: We do what we say we will do, every time, all the time.
- Relationships: We identify professional working relationships and create opportunities to develop those relationships
- Collaboration: We team together to achieve far more than we could on our own
- Leadership: We value people who lead by example, take pride in what they do, and inspire others
- Respect: We promotes a caring environment of mutual respect for employees, customers, partners, and communities
- Excellence: We set high standards of performance for ourselves and our team
Why Join the JMP Team?
At JMP we invest in our employees. JMP provides a very challenging work environment and believes in treating all employees with respect and providing equitable compensation. We empower our employees to use their creativity and problem-solving skills daily. We have a solid performance management system and a supportive leadership team to help us achieve our personal and corporate objectives.
What Do Our Employees Say about JMP?
“JMP is a great place to work because everyone on the team has the opportunity to make meaningful and significant contributions to the projects they are working on. We are always working on innovative projects in a wide range of industries which always keeps the job interesting.”
- Employee, Automation & Robotics Division
“I love working at JMP because it’s fast-paced and I’m never bored. There is a ton of room to grow and I’m always able to push my boundaries and feel supported while doing it. I have been given a lot of great opportunities to grow both personally and professionally.”
“I have been bombarded with new things and JMP has the support structure both in the office and across North America to help me smoothly navigate this transition. My advice to new hires at JMP is to take advantage of the resources available to you. There are 250+ other employees you can learn from and so many different directions you can take your career.”
- Employee, Fairfield Office
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
JMP Solutions has an accommodation program in place that provides reasonable accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please contact Human Resources.