Technical Information Developer (Contract)
StarTech.com is currently looking for a Technical Information Developer to join our Product Information team on an 18 month contract.
Reporting to the Manager, Product Information Creation, the Technical Information Developer will work cross functionally with many teams within StarTech.com to support the launch of new products and the life cycle management of products, while maximizing sales and revenue opportunities.
The Technical Information Developer will create technical product information for specific product lines and will be a key contributor to the market positioning of StarTech.com products. The Technical Information Developer will work with the Product Development and Product Management teams to create the technical specifications and technical information for products at the SKU and product family level, including product features and benefits, primary usage application, and key differentiators. This strategic position will play a key role in establishing the product performance positioning of StarTech.com products in the market.
This role is best suited for a highly technical individual with a strong interest in marketing and technical writing.
What will you be doing?
- Working cross functionally with many internal teams at StarTech.com, you will develop unoptimized content including key bullets, marketing copy, performance charts, compatibility matrices, technical specifications, and more, and update in-market product information as needed.
- Collaborating with other members of the Product team, you will work on the development and maintenance of Information Requirements Documents while developing product performance specifications and content templates for key product categories, sub-categories, and groups.
- While ensuring that product Information is up to date in the product database, you will play a key role in managing the lifecycle of product information. This could include updating compatibility specifications, product changes, compliance, and customer feedback.
- Using a keen eye for detail, you will develop packaging content such as packaging descriptions, headlines, countries of origin, certifications, and other.
- While keeping the StarTech.com customer top of mind, you will also understand how our competitors use product information to differentiate on Amazon and with channel partners.
- Develop manuals, quick start guides, FAQs, blogs, white papers, technical drawings, and other types of technical content for StarTech.com products.
What can you bring to the table?
- A technical diploma, electrical/computer/mechanical engineering degree, OACETT, or equivalent work experience.
- Certifications in English proficiency, Marketing and/or Business Communications would be an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a strong attention to detail.
- A demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and products quickly paired with the ability to describe complex concepts to the target customer base (IT Professionals).
- Prior experience in Marketing or Business Communications is an asset.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience in MS Office Suite.
How to Apply--Please select the one that works best for you!
- Submit your resume in confidence by applying on-line directly to startech.com/careers
- Apply via our LinkedIn posting on our LinkedIn Careers page
We are in the business of human-centered experiences starting with yours. We believe delivering on our promise of "hard-to-find, made easy" begins with an employee experience founded in opportunity, teamwork, empowerment, and curious minds always asking what if. Not only does our commitment to the exceptional deepen relationships with our partners and customers, it also ignites connection within our team.
Born and raised in London, Ontario, Canada and now taking on the world, we are a vibrant and growing tech company with a proven track-record of success. StarTech.com makes it easy for IT professionals around the globe to identify, find, get and use the hard-to-find connectivity parts they need to enable and enhance their technology solutions.
Operating in 23 countries globally, we are honoured to be named by Kincentric in 2019 as one of Canada’s “Best Employers” as well as “one of Canada’s fastest growing companies” for a ninth year in a row by “Profit 500”.
StarTech.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, StarTech.com will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.