This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Oct 01, 2023
About PSD Citywide
PSD Citywide is a full-service firm offering research, consulting services and software to the North American public sector market. Our client base includes hundreds of small, mid-sized, and large municipalities from across North America, provincial/state and federal government agencies, and private sector entities. We are an industry leader that specializes in enterprise asset management and financial budgeting for municipalities. PSD has developed cutting-edge software solutions for our client’s asset management and financial budgeting needs, leaving behind mature and manageable programs making positive impacts in local communities.
The General Accountant will be responsible for performing billing, accounts receivable collections, accounts payable and general accounting entries at PSD Citywide. Act as a point of contact for customer billing & collections, vendor invoice processing and credit card reconciliations. They will ensure timely processing of monthly transactional work, preparing reconciliation, assist with the year end audit and other year end close responsibilities.
As our Finance team continues to grow, PSD Citywide is seeking a General Accountant. This is a Full-time hybrid role. The successful candidate will be expected to work from our London office 4-5 days per week during probation period. After successful completion of probation period, the successful candidate will work from our London office 2-3 days per week.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Full cycle management of customer billing, including tracking of new orders through the sales & implementation cycle, ensuring accurate and timely customer billing (license, implementation & annual support) and timely collections
- Full cycle management of accounts receivable collections, including calling and email follow up to customers on payment status, sending out customer statements and maintaining the accounts receivable aging schedule
- Full cycle management of accounts payable, including vendor invoice entry, approval validations, vendor payments and credit card reconciliations
- Completion of monthly bank reconciliations
- Process and apply customer payments on a daily / weekly basis (EFT, cheques, credit cards)
- Process and post monthly employee expenses
- Assist with general accounting matters and the month end close
- Analyze and reconcile balance sheet accounts for month-end close
- Prepare monthly HST/GST remittances and reconciliations
- Other duties as assigned
- University or College degree in Accounting
- 1-3 years of financial accounting experience in a similar role
- Strong analytical, time management and prioritization skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Effective communication skills; ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Professional self-starter with a commitment to constantly upgrade skills through continuous learning
- Deadline driven individual with strong verbal and written communication skills, high attention to detail, and able to collaborate effectively with team members
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures
- Experience with customer invoicing, AR collections and processing accounts payable
- Experience working with US customers would be considered an asset
- Experience with month end close preparation would be considered an asset
All resumes will be reviewed for experience working with key technologies. Only those who qualify will be contacted for an initial screening interview. We strive to provide a quick recruitment process, but to find the right candidate for the job the process may take up to a month to complete. We will let the candidates know if we will not be moving them to the next step in the process.
If you are invited to a screening interview you will discuss your experience with one of our People and Culture team members. This interview is an opportunity to get to know a little more about the company, the type of work we do and impact we have.
Candidates invited to a virtual interview will meet with our hiring team and People and Culture. This will allow the candidate to get to know the team as well as learn more about our processes, culture and growth opportunities we have at PSD. During this phase of the interview process the candidate will be given a technical test to complete during the meeting.
PSD is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this when you apply, and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
- Competitive Salaries
- Full Benefits Package
- Company Matched RRSP Contributions
- Flex Hours & Paid Time off
- Social and Charity events and initiatives