Director, Project and Operations
Are you ready to make your mark as a Director, Project and Operations with the largest network of media entertainment properties around the globe - Diply. We have 130M fans that we reach across multiple platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Google, Snapchat and TikTok and we are continuously adding new products, platforms and brands to our portfolio.
You might know us for some of our social entertainment brands: Crafty, Mommy Needs Vodka, Delicious, Aunty Acid and Diply Facts!. As a member of our senior management team, you will be leveraging your operations and strategy expertise to bring complex projects forward, consult the senior team and update them of the status of major initiatives.
This is the right role if you are
A true generalist, “chief of staff” kind of person…. ...you must be 60% project manager, 30 % strategy consultant and change lead and 10% product/tech person.… Diply is growing rapidly and this is a role in which new challenges will be thrown at you daily. On Monday, you may gather information on a new use case for ad technology or implementing an e-commerce solution. On Tuesday, you may be asked to research a new competitor and need to do an in-depth competitive analysis. Wednesday could bring status reports and troubleshooting major ongoing product projects and tech projects. We can guarantee that you won’t be bored and that there will be a lot of projects to lead. You will also have a small team of people to lead.
Since the role has such a wide and diverse set of challenges, we are seeking an adaptable, intelligent, quantitatively-savvy, get stuff done oriented person to work directly with our CPO and Co-Founder as his second in command.
You will conduct in-depth industry and competitive research, do short-term deployments onto different teams that need ops assistance, be skilled at understanding technology quickly and translating that into project plans for various teams you work with. You will need to be entrepreneurial, an exceptional communicator, and independent.
In this role you may :
- Conduct competitive and industry research, including SWOTs, financial analysis of competitors, market sizing, new technology implementation research , business case studies
- Do short-term deployments on teams that need ops and project support. These teams can be technical like data, development and product so you will need to be tech savvy and be able to understand technical jargon
- Find, model the opportunity of, and help test new applications of our technologies.
- Help with escalation and troubleshooting of projects that are major initiatives in the organization
- Help with prioritization and project planning on different teams
- Excellent communication skills. You can quickly synthesize information, identify important takeaways, and determine next steps. You can inspire and convince others as well.
- A self-starter mindset. You love being operational and are known for the smart person that gets stuff done. You can influence your way around roadblocks, plan for them and don’t get phased. You get done.
- Strong analytical skills. The term ‘quantitative rigour’ gets you excited. You love using data to help identify problems, discover opportunities, and substantiate your ideas. Familiarity with advanced Excel functions and project tools (Jira, Trello, Asana , whatever) is expected
- A project owner attitude. You are excited about being held accountable for your successes and failures. You will be responsible for your own projects for which you will own the results.
- Time management and prioritization skills. Things change. The role requires someone who is used to juggling several tasks simultaneously and operating under uncertainty. You will need to work both hard and smart; one alone will not suffice.
- Multiple years of experience in a high-paced work environment. Business consulting, an established startup, investment banking, or operations management, or you simply think you can do it and are ready to prove it to us.
About this role…
This is a brand new role at Diply responsible for building our systems, processes and practices related to Project Management PLUS facilitating the planning and execution of key strategic / operating initiatives that elevate our business systems and practices. Reporting to the co-founder & Chief Product Officer, this role is responsible for directing the project management function, as well as supporting the Senior Leadership Team to resolve business challenges and deliver on business processes / systems.
We like to think of this senior management role as a cross between “Chief of Staff” for the co-founder/CPO and head of Project Management, as well as a process and infrastructure quarterback and all-round executor of deliverables . Essentially, you translate strategy through people to get results, leveraging process and systems to make it happen.
Our ideal candidate has deep expertise in project management combined with management consulting skills and people leadership capabilities.
If you are an entrepreneurial leader who thrives in a chaotic environment and are ready to be part of a dynamic leadership team in a business that is poised for growth, then we want to hear from you.
Diply has offices in both Toronto and London (ON), however, our preference is to hire for the London region (or close to). During this time, all staff members are working from home until further notice.
Experience in media is not necessary, but you do need a solid background in technology.
If you are interested, please include both a copy of your resume and a cover letter explaining why you believe this job has your name on it.
Candidates without cover letters will not be considered. They don't have to be long, just good. :)
We are committed to employment equity and encourage all people, including women, visible minorities, persons with disabilities and persons of aboriginal decent to apply. Upon your request, we provide accommodation for disabilities during the recruitment and selection process. If you request accommodation, HR will reach out to consult with you so that we can tailor our arrangements to suit your needs. In addition, all new employees are advised of our policies for accommodating employees with disabilities.
Apply for this job