Senior Applications Specialist
The JMP Automation & Robotics Division designs, builds, and integrates world-class smart robotic solutions to solve challenging material handling and manufacturing problems for a variety of industries. Our projects typically last between 3-12 months and range in value from $500k to $5M with project team sizes between 5 and 20 members.
What Would a Typical Day Look Like?
Dynamic. As a Senior Applications Specialist, you will contribute to the development of 3+ project opportunities daily. You will visit customer manufacturing sites across North America to gain an understanding of customers’ challenges and identify areas of opportunity (typical travel of 2 to 3 days per month on average). You will brainstorm and conceptualize custom automation concepts to solve complex manufacturing challenges. You will take those concepts from whiteboard sketches to concrete plans for your customer. Your mission is to deliver comprehensive project proposals including scope, costing, schedule, and performance criteria.
What Qualifies You for this Opportunity?
- Firsthand experience in the field of robotics, automation, mechanical design, custom machinery, and/or control systems
- Talent to conceptualize automation solutions to complex manufacturing challenges working collaboratively within a team.
- Amazing communication skills to make presentations to internal team, customers, and vendor partners.
- Strong writing skills for preparing proposals and defining project scope.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Engineering (Mechanical, Mechatronics, Electrical, Industrial, etc.)
- This position has the flexibility to be based remotely, with periodic travel to our facilities or customer sites as required
How could you boost your application?
- Background in applications, mechanical design, or control system integration in a similar workplace
- A portfolio of projects in which you made significant contributions.
- Proficient with AutoCAD, advanced skills with Microsoft Excel, and exposure to SolidWorks
- Track record of creative problem solving in a team-oriented environment.
What does success look like at JMP?
At JMP, our employees bring more to the table than simply their technical skills. Essential to success at JMP, employees are constantly flexing the following soft skill behaviors to compliment the technical aspects of their roles.
- Personal Effectiveness: strong communication, adaptability, self-awareness, negotiation, problem-solving
- Tenacity: purpose, determination, drive, perseverance
- Sense of urgency: responsiveness, energy, engagement, loyalty
- Smarts: comprehension, learning aptitude, skillfulness, brain power
- Accountable: takes ownership, responsible, go-to person, decisiveness
Who is JMP?
A mature, North American company founded in 1987 with 16 business units across the US and Canada, JMP serves the Fortune 1000 space providing engineering services and turnkey solutions in seven core areas: process automation, control system integration, information and MES, automation and robotics systems, automated guided vehicles, material handling, and networking and security applications.
One of the fastest growing Systems Integrators in the world, and the only company in the world who is a Rockwell Automation Solution Partner, CSIA and RIA Certified. We have been certified as a “Great Place to Work” 2013 through 2020 and a “Best Workplaces Canada” award recipient from 2013 through 2020, including Best Workplaces for Inclusion and for Women 2020.
What does JMP value?
Our values are our foundational concepts on which we build JMP; we adhere to these no matter what mountain we climb.
- Integrity: We do what we say we will do, every time, all the time.
- Relationships: We identify professional working relationships and create opportunities to develop those relationships
- Collaboration: We team together to achieve far more than we could on our own
- Leadership: We value people who lead by example, take pride in what they do and inspire others
- Respect: We promotes a caring environment of mutual respect for employees, customers, partners, and communities
- Excellence: We set high standards of performance for ourselves and our team
Why join the JMP team?
As a growing company in the industrial technology industry and rooted with strong corporate values, JMP Solutions can offer a unique value proposition to employees. Our employee promise is a rewarding employee experience delivered through a focus on three key areas:
- Development and Career Growth
- Impact and Recognition
- Flexibility and Collaboration
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
JMP Solutions has an accommodation program in place that provides reasonable accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please contact Human Resources.